htc one m9 usb 3?

connrad96

Hey so I looked on HTC website and says usb 2 but I'm just curious is it actually compatible with usb 3 and if not any thoughts on why? It's been around for a while so I wouldn't have thought cost would be a major concern

They may have chosen USB 2.0 because 3.0 doesn't benefit the device at all.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you Google USB 3.0 Micro you will see that it's a much wider connector.

They could implement it, but it would add much more bulk to the phone/charger. Even though USB 3.0 has the ability to pass more power, it's mostly used for the added data bandwidth. 

And the USB on phones is mostly just used for charging, so the phone manufacturers don't really seem to want to make the compromice when all the fuzz is about "minimalistic design."

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

Heyyo,

As others stated? USB 3.0 isn't widely adopted on smartphones due to it adding bulk... The Samsung Galaxy S5 was USB 3.0... but the Samsung Galaxy S6 I think is USB 2.0 lol. Just goes to show you how no one really cared about USB 3.0 micro on smartphones. :P

I'm sure next year flagship phones will just jump to USB 3.1 with the new Type C connectors due to the increase in Wattage so even more ridiculously faster charge times due to a potential 100 Watt connection (which notebooks could use as charging ports which blows my mind heh)... but we shall see. For meow? USB 2.0 is fine since USB 3.1 isn't widely adopted even this year... so maybe our 2016 flagship phones will all come with USB 3.1 to USB 3.0 adapters or something? Or maybe they'll be like Apple and say "fuck you no adapters bwuahahaha!" like they did with the Apple classic and lighting usb connectors.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case