LGBT community

carguy86
3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

How does a best offer get drawn out?

They start at $25 Each with free shipping. You offer $15 and while they ignore that offer, without countering or declining.  Then you notice that they jacked it up to $28 each.  You offer $20 after five days.  They counter with $22.  You decline.  You wait a few more days, they apparently now want shipping and change the price to $27.  Now after 10 days of this shit, you submit an offer (The last offer you can make) of $18 each an include the message 'Well, now you want shipping paid for after all' and they finally accept.

Admittidly, I find it very weird that he kept changing his price (it wasn't an auction, only Buy Now/Best Offer) and even the shipping terms and even just out right ignored the first offer without declining or countering.

9 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I think every time I see your profile pictures my reaction is a mix of hnnnnnnggg and awwwww and ?.

Vulpix is a cute fex.

10 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Stop please.  My heart can't take so much awwwww.  ?

Why are you saying that about the trash couple? We're garbage!

12 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I know that nowadays, US no longer buys oil from Saudi Arabia because of fracking. That's why unleaded is cheap in the US. 

11% of the United States oil imports were from Saudi Arabia in 2015. (2016 totals are not public yet) Current numbers put Saudi oil imports at around 1 million barrels per day with the most recent information being available from Oct 2016.

11 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

They start at $25 Each with free shipping. You offer $15 and while they ignore that offer, without countering or declining.  Then you notice that they jacked it up to $28 each.  You offer $20 after five days.  They counter with $22.  You decline.  You wait a few more days, they apparently now want shipping and change the price to $27.  Now after 10 days of this shit, you submit an offer (The last offer you can make) of $18 each an include the message 'Well, now you want shipping paid for after all' and they finally accept.

Admittidly, I find it very weird that he kept changing his price (it wasn't an auction, only Buy Now/Best Offer) and even the shipping terms and even just out right ignored the first offer without declining or countering.

$22 was only $2 more for each why not accept it?

Sellers often seem to do weird and stupid shit.  Just the other day someone was selling a Z97 motherboard for $40 with free shipping and then before responding to a message I sent asking if the I/O shield was included they increased the price to $50.  Then while I was trying to decide if I wanted to reward their greed with a purchase it sold and now I'm stuck looking for another Z97 board that isn't damaged, missing the I/O shield, or way overpriced for an old version chipset. (is it so hard for people to mention that it is or not?  Or for that matter to actually include the I/O shield?  I've lose count of how many motherboards I've seen where there's no I/O shield included.  Wtf seriously.. ?)

7 minutes ago, Daring said:

Vulpix is a cute fex.

Why are you saying that about the trash couple? We're garbage!

Adorable af.  ?

I hope you're joking.  I assume you're joking.  Please don't joke I don't always "get" humor of this sort.  You are most defintely NOT a trash couple.  You're the OTP of gay couples.  ? 

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Then you'll fit right in at my place.

I'll start by saying: AHHHHHHHHH WTF SO MUCH MESS!!  ?

Youre lucky I've never been to your house.  I'd have to fight the compulsion to kick you out for a few days while I clean.  ?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

$22 was only $2 more for each why not accept it?

Because I was looking for a deal. :)  I have two HTPCs and I'm very used to the specific Mediagate MCE remotes I use to them, even builing Arduino 'power on' devices that can read the power button on the remote and trigger the PWR pins on the motherboard with a relay.  The thing is, they aren't made any more and so I eventually need spares.  I have one broken one, one good one, and one that's a little 'iffy'.  So this was a pre-preemptive purchase of some spares and i was thus not highly motivated to agree to a higher price.

12 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

11% of the United States oil imports were from Saudi Arabia in 2015. (2016 totals are not public yet) Current numbers put Saudi oil imports at around 1 million barrels per day with the most recent information being available from Oct 2016.

I hope that one day countries would stop buying oil from Saudi Arabia or as I would like to call it, "Saudi Barbaria". 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Because I was looking for a deal. :)  I have two HTPCs and I'm very used to the specific Mediagate MCE remotes I use to them, even builing Arduino 'power on' devices that can read the power button on the remote and trigger the PWR pins on the motherboard with a relay.  The thing is, they aren't made any more and so I eventually need spares.  I have one broken one, one good one, and one that's a little 'iffy'.  So this was a pre-preemptive purchase of some spares and i was thus not highly motivated to agree to a higher price.

You can build an Arduino to function as a relay to use a remote to turn on a computer?  

Arduinos are similar to a raspberry Pi right?

Are there other remotes you could get that would also work?    In case you eventually can't get these anymore.  

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

I just noticed my post kicks off the 800th page nice.

Oh my, so innocent... :P 

1 hour ago, Daring said:

But what about saying "I'm sorry" to everyone over everything?

Oh, I should have replied to this sooner.  Sorry aboot that, eh?

24 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Then you'll fit right in at my place.

That is truly terrifying

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

16 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I hope you're joking.  I assume you're joking.  Please don't joke I don't always "get" humor of this sort.  You are most defintely NOT a trash couple.  You're the OTP of gay couples.  ? 

He's a weeb, I'm a furry. There's nothing about us that isn't trash c:

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

You can build an Arduino to function as a relay to use a remote to turn on a computer?  

Arduinos are similar to a raspberry Pi right?

Are there other remotes you could get that would also work?    In case you eventually can't get these anymore.  

An Arduino is a lot DUMBER than a Pi, but it's only performing a simple function where as a Pi would make the job far more complicated and consume a lot more power.  Basically it is installed in a 5.25" bay on a small bread board and connected to an IR sensor and an electrical relay.  When the Arduino detects a specific IR signal on the sensor, it activates the relay, the relay closes the circuit on the motherboard's PWR pins and this works exactly like pressing the button on the case.  It allows me to power on the HTPC from the couch even if it's very, very off and I can even hold the button on the remote for 4 seconds to force the motherboard to shut own if it's crashed hard.  There's passthrough wires allowing the normal physical button the case to still operate as well.

As for alternate remotes, I don't like change, I'll deal with change once avoiding it isn't an option. :P

28 minutes ago, Daring said:

He's a weeb, I'm a furry. There's nothing about us that isn't trash c:

I don't personally care for the term weeb.  I prefer otaku.  

What does "c:" mean?

So tell me, what does trash mean in this context?

28 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

An Arduino is a lot DUMBER than a Pi, but it's only performing a simple function where as a Pi would make the job far more complicated and consume a lot more power.  Basically it is installed in a 5.25" bay on a small bread board and connected to an IR sensor and an electrical relay.  When the Arduino detects a specific IR signal on the sensor, it activates the relay, the relay closes the circuit on the motherboard's PWR pins and this works exactly like pressing the button on the case.  It allows me to power on the HTPC from the couch even if it's very, very off and I can even hold the button on the remote for 4 seconds to force the motherboard to shut own if it's crashed hard.  There's passthrough wires allowing the normal physical button the case to still operate as well.

It needs line of sight to the remote?

Did you rig up a pass through yourself or was that part of it by default?

That's a really cool thing.  I love the idea of a computer you can turn on by remote.

28 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I don't like change,

I like you for saying that.  ?  (Sorry if that seems weird to say.)

I hate change too.  I resist it as much as possible until I can't anymore and it happens.  Even if after I get used to the change I like it as good or better than how something was before I still fight it as hard as I can.    

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It needs line of sight to the remote?

Did you rig up a pass through yourself or was that part of it by default?

That's a really cool thing.  I love the idea of a computer you can turn on by remote.

It's IR, IR always needs LOS.  The bays have a wire mesh grill type material for their covers, so they're the signal gets through. As for the passthruogh, it's honestly just Y split dupont wires I spliced together.

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I don't personally care for the term weeb.  I prefer otaku.  

Well, that's what David goes by, so that's what I call him.

What does "c:" mean?

it's a smiley you dingus.

So tell me, what does trash mean in this context?

Both of our identities are pretty trashy.

18 minutes ago, Daring said:

Since the Canadians are coming out of the woodwork...

I'll watch this later when my ISP decides to start functioning

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'll watch this later when my ISP decides to start functioning

canada problems amirite

disclaimer: I have never been to canada

1 minute ago, Daring said:

canada problems amirite

Actually, as much as I complain about them, there are two good things I can say - or at least, I have been able to say until now:

1. They don't seem to actually enforce data caps, and
  2. We've always gotten the full speed we pay for, (even if that speed is very low for the price)

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

It's IR, IR always needs LOS.  The bays have a wire mesh grill type material for their covers, so they're the signal gets through. As for the passthruogh, it's honestly just Y split dupont wires I spliced together.

Oh.   That hadn't occured to me.    The remote on my LG usually works as long as I'm in front of my tv regardless of which way I'm pointing it so I guess I forgot about that LOS thing.  

I'm also spoiled by the remote on the Roku Premiere+ my friend got me for Christmas.  It's not IR.  I think RF or something because it's marketed as a point anywhere remote I think.  I can just press buttons and it works no matter where it is aimed at.   

3 minutes ago, Daring said:

Well, that's what David goes by, so that's what I call him.

it's a smiley you dingus.

Both of our identities are pretty trashy.

I guess it's ok if he's calling himself that.  

Sorry.  ?    I'm used to these: ?????????????????

But what does trashy mean here?  I'm confused.  

But what does trashy mean here?  I'm confused.  

how long have you been on this magical place known as the internet

On 3/29/2015 at 4:32 PM, Biferony said:

Does this turn you on?

Hidden Content

*Joke

ᴬᶫᶫ ᴴᵉᶦᶫ ᴬᴹᴰ

11 minutes ago, Daring said:

how long have you been on this magical place known as the internet

Not long enough apparently?  ?

Maybe I'm just sheltered?  Idk.  ?

Not long enough apparently?  ?

What do you think it means?

4 minutes ago, Daring said:

What do you think it means?

Idk..  Something bad?

Sorry.  I have no point of reference for that term in this context so it just doesn't compute in my brain...  

Am I broken?  ? 

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Idk..  Something bad?

Sorry.  I have no point of reference for that term in this context so it just doesn't compute in my brain...  

Am I broken?  ? 

It means our identities are bad.