LGBT community

carguy86
4 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Windows Phone has died, Windows Phone has risen, Windows Phone will come again ?

Last week I actually saw one that a friend has. I literally said "Oh my God, a Windows phone!" aloud when I saw the logo on the back.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 minute ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Last week I actually saw one that a friend has. I literally said "Oh my God, a Windows phone!" aloud when I saw the logo on the back.

I think most people who still use Windows Phones are the ones who have deep love for the platform like the Metro tiles UI despite the ghost town app store. Microsoft missed so much opportunities in breaking the iOS—Android duopoly with Windows Phone but they missed it. 

• Carrier exclusivity of flagship devices 
  • Developer APIs are not on par with the competition 
  • Lagging behind when it comes to supporting new hardware like in 2013 where their flagship Lumia 1020 is still using a dual core Snapdragon S4 Pro whereas Android OEMs are using the Snapdragon 600 or they’re late to support high resolution displays and multi core SoCs. 
  • Despite the Microsoft Office integration, earlier versions like WP7.5 and WP8 lacked MDM, VPN and on-device encryption support which is essential for enterprise. 
  • Despite paying developers to make apps and higher monetization at 80% they simply lagged behind when it comes to apps so it’s kinda like Tidal vs Spotify situation. 

That’s why the NYPD disposed the 36,000 Windows phones which they got so cheaply last year and replaced them with iPhones. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

I think most people who still use Windows Phones are the ones who have deep love for the platform like the Metro tiles UI despite the ghost town app store.

My friend's reason for having one is because she asked for the cheapest phone the AT&T store had. Told them she was a broke college student. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

2 minutes ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

My friend's reason for having one is because she asked for the cheapest phone the AT&T store had. Told them she was a broke college student. 

She could’ve bought a cheaper Android phone but I wouldn’t be surprised if Windows phones are in firesale. 

@iamdarkyoshi have you tried a powerline adapter or is a wifi mesh better? 

Powerline adapters are extremely unreliable from my experience.

Ethernet cables have four carefully designed pairs of wires for data transfer, and house wiring does not. Not to mention electrically noisy things on the house wiring that can cause interference.

I'd do a wifi mesh if I were you.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ethernet cables have four carefully designed pairs of wires for data transfer, and house wiring does not. Not to mention electrically noisy things on the house wiring that can cause interference.

I had a pair. My dad changed how I initially set up the plug in his room. Now they no longer work.

Then several years later Sky finally send us their latest router and now all is fine wirelessly.

When I get my tiny house soon, I just put the router in the middle and won't need any wires for strong internet throughout.

Linus is my fetish.

13 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Bro. You need to shower more. Once a year is not enough! 

Nah, it's too much. Water is nasty.

Linus is my fetish.

3 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Sooooo, about those Oblivion mods I used to play with ...

Modding was a mistake.

9 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Wifi mesh then. Our house isn't that big with five rooms but I just want to have steady internet while I'm at our backyard or front yard. I though powerline adapters are good. I was wrong. 

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Also, why does DDR4 memory have to be so expensive? 

?

Why did this motherboard have to be so expensive?

YDyuU45.jpg

Dat ram price to. Does 3200 MHz CL 16 too.

How much I regret having not bought 2x8, or even 2x16 Gb now, though I don't think this ram used to come in the latter.

Linus is my fetish.

It seems like PC parts in general are really expensive right now.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

It seems like PC parts in general are really expensive right now.

I can't wait for SSDs to become so cheap that the only ones buying hard drives are datacenters and those making servers and that 90% of PC OEMs will make SSDs a standard. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-samsung-elec-chips-outlook-analysis/end-of-a-chip-boom-memory-chip-price-drop-spooks-investors-idUSKBN1F406U

Sucks for RAM prices though :(

10 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Dat ram price to. Does 3200 MHz CL 16 too.

How much I regret having not bought 2x8, or even 2x16 Gb now, though I don't think this ram used to come in the latter.

The over expensive prices of graphics cards is kind understandable because cryptocurrency miners are hoarding them but I certainly don't get as to why DDR4 memory is still so expensive while NAND flash for SSDs is slowly getting cheaper

41 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

The over expensive prices of graphics cards is kind understandable because cryptocurrency miners are hoarding them but I certainly don't get as to why DDR4 memory is still so expensive while NAND flash for SSDs is slowly getting cheaper

hehehe *totally have nothing to do with that at all*

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

I heard it's because of mobiles and tablets also housing DDR4 now and there were some earthquakes that took down a ram factory or two.

I have to survive on just 8 Gb now and I don't have ram for both PCs, which sucks because I want to turn my G4400 into a NAS. Oh and my white thermaltake case still isn't in stock yet.

Woe is me, hurry up :(

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/thermaltake-core-v1-white-snow-edition-mini-itx-cube-case-with-window-1x-200mm-fan-included-usb-30-w

Don't want anything else for my mini PCs, this case is amazing for the cost.

Linus is my fetish.

I won't be a building a PC for a while so I hope prices will be better by then. ?

4 minutes ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

I won't be a building a PC for a while so I hope prices will be better by then. ?

It helped that I already had this cheap ram and I sold my quad channel now for super high.

New PC cost £1650 including accessories (custom PSU cables and RGB fan).

Money made back from selling my X99 SLI rig - £1900+ (still waiting on the RMA for the mobo).

But thats cos I'm not buying new ram or a replacement external soundcard yet.

And I can put the extra few hundred quid towards my new house first, buy ram and soundcard later.

Linus is my fetish.

GPU and DDR4 price inflation sucks because two of my friends want to build PCs of their own but PC parts are so damn expensive.

9 minutes ago, Daring said:

GPU and DDR4 price inflation sucks because two of my friends want to build PCs of their own but PC parts are so damn expensive.

probably miners are to blame like this guy who spent $300K on mining rigs which is noisy 

Maybe this will be the time gamers will get a console instead

GPU shortages aren't happening in the UK / Europe though, maybe because we have higher electricity costs. It's normally only a problem when new GPUs are launched and everyone is trying to buy one or more.

Still plenty of 1080 Tis at the £700 mark, including triple fansink ones like the one I got.

Linus is my fetish.