3D Model for 3D Printing?

Jogostar

Hello Folks!

Alright, my SO's birthday is coming up, and me being me, I'd like to get something 3d printed for her. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to create a 3d model for that.

I have a basic idea of what I want to create, and made a drawing of it.

Now my question is, does anyone know a good 3d modeling software that I could use, and maybe some good tutorials to get started with it?

I'm not in a rush, so I have some time to learn at least some basics. What I want to model isn't that fancy either, but I don't know how complicated it is to model.

Anyways, I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

-snip-

I am not sure if you can use the models you make in it for 3D modeling, but 3DS Max is pretty good.

Otherwise you have something like Blender too.

3DS Max would cost money, but some students can get it for free. Not sure about Blender (might be free).

I would also look up some tutorials on it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If its not that advanced google sketchup might do the job, Personally i use solidworks which is nice but costs alot, But for our robotics team we get free keys which is nice.

I am a happy wuffy

I am not sure if you can use the models you make in it for 3D modeling, but 3DS Max is pretty good.

Otherwise you have something like Blender too.

3DS Max would cost money, but some students can get it for free. Not sure about Blender (might be free).

I would also look up some tutorials on it

hmm looks like Blender is free. I will check that out, thanks!

If its not that advanced google sketchup might do the job, Personally i use solidworks which is nice but costs alot, But for our robotics team we get free keys which is nice.

I'd say it isn't too advanced, it's basically just a big framed heart, with her nickname written in it.

I could try to make it if you can send in the drawings, I won't be promising anything as I don't have a lot of experience.

I could try to make it if you can send in the drawings, I won't be promising anything as I don't have a lot of experience.

Oh wow, that'd be awesome. I don't really have anything to pay you if you do it, but you'll have my eternal gratefulness.

I will make a scan and send you a PM as soon as I can, if that's alright.

Oh wow, that'd be awesome. I don't really have anything to pay you if you do it, but you'll have my eternal gratefulness.

I will make a scan and send you a PM as soon as I can, if that's alright.

I don't need any money, I will do my best.

I don't need any money, I will do my best.

it might take while for me to scan though. 

it might take while for me to scan though. 

Ok then, I'm in europe though so I could be sleeping when you send, when i get them I'll do my best.