Need a new mechanical keyboard

Hello,

I am looking for a good full size black mechanical keyboard.

I like the sound of cherry mx blue switches, but I think the amount of keyboards available is rather confusing.

Can someone give me a reccommendation arround €100 available in europe (from amazon.de or amazon.fr)

Thanks a lot!

Currently rocking a crappy 550$ toshiba laptop without a dedicated graphics card.

So... I'm looking forward to building my very first pc!

DuckyShine, Razer, Corsair, Logitech, Das Keyboard... there's a lot

I think they should all be good, and pick which ever one looks the best and has all the features you like. Razer has just moved to new switches that are 'gaming optimized' so I'm not sure if that's for you or not (even though they're pretty similar to MX Brown/Blue)

Hope this helps a bit :D

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Thank you!

I forgot saying that I didn't want something "gaming-optimized" since I don't really believe in adding leds to make it better...

This community is awesome... I asked just 2 questions yet and I got an answer within 15 miutes!

Currently rocking a crappy 550$ toshiba laptop without a dedicated graphics card.

Hello,

I am looking for a good full size black mechanical keyboard.

I like the sound of cherry mx blue switches, but I think the amount of keyboards available is rather confusing.

Can someone give me a reccommendation arround €100 available in europe (from amazon.de or amazon.fr)

Thanks a lot!

Anything from Cooler Master is safe. Not a ton in Europe for that price.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Anything from Cooler Master is safe. Not a ton in Europe for that price.

I was looking at those, but then realised it might not be optimized since it's not their main product category...

I was looking at those, but then realised it might not be optimized since it's not their main product category...

What?

Cooler Master isn't "optimized" for anything, they make an abundance of things. I own a Cooler Master keyboard and it's great. Saying Cooler Master is "not optimized" is like saying Mitsubishi is "not optimized" for cars because they make ships and televisions as well....

EDIT: Among Cooler Master's great things, here's what they make:

Mice

Keyboards

Fans

Air/Liquid CPU coolers

Cases

Power Supplies (not technically manufactured by Cooler Master but hey, neither is Corsair or EVGA's stuff)

Laptop coolers

Hope this covers everything they sell. Just really wanted to point out that, just because "Keyboard" isn't in their name, doesn't mean that they don't make great keyboards. They make some of the best, especially for the price point.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have the Das Keyboard Ultimate S and it's great. I recommend it very highly. I've never had a problem with it. It looks sleek, feels great, and uses Cherry MX Blue or Brown switches (Browns are in the Silent Edition). If you want something even more premium than the Das Keyboard S, you can also look into the Das Keyboard 4. Has a USB 3 hub (instead of USB 2), volume wheel, some media keys, and an aluminum body. In my opinion, it's not worth the upgrade from the S, but that's just my opinion. But its definitely something to look into!

I know you said you didn't want LEDs, but if you were okay with them, the Thermaltake Poseidon Z - Blue Switch is an option from a reliable brand.

http://www.amazon.de/KB-PIZ-KLBLGR-01-Illuminated-Mechanical-Blue-Switch-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B00K1010OE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427659710&sr=8-1&keywords=thermaltake+poseidon+z

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Tesoro Durandal or Lobera

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

@STRMfrmXMN

Excuse me, I didn't mean to anger you,

I believe that they have great keyboards.

I just don't know what to buy yet.

@KorineFreak

I was looking for das keyboards too.

I just think I'm going to wait for promotions and see what my budget allows at that moment.

Thanks for your help!

@STRMfrmXMN

Excuse me, I didn't mean to anger you,

I believe that they have great keyboards.

I just don't know what to buy yet.

@KorineFreak

I was looking for das keyboards too.

I just think I'm going to wait for promotions and see what my budget allows at that moment.

Thanks for your help!

Alrighty! For future reference, Cooler Master, Das, Ducky, Cherry and Filco are all great.

Thank you!

I forgot saying that I didn't want something "gaming-optimized" since I don't really believe in adding leds to make it better...

This community is awesome... I asked just 2 questions yet and I got an answer within 15 miutes!

You are really going to struggle to find something that doesnt have LED's on it! Filco is probably your best bet, but finding one under 100 euros is going to be difficult. It would probably have to be second hand...

However, have a look at Ducky. Out of all my keyboards my Ducky is the best quality so far... I think you may also be able to get it without LED's too!

I know you said you didn't want LEDs, but if you were okay with them, the Thermaltake Poseidon Z - Blue Switch is an option from a reliable brand.

http://www.amazon.de/KB-PIZ-KLBLGR-01-Illuminated-Mechanical-Blue-Switch-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B00K1010OE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427659710&sr=8-1&keywords=thermaltake+poseidon+z

I can recommend Thermaltake as a brand. Solid builds and reliable.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

You are really going to struggle to find something that doesnt have LED's on it! Filco is probably your best bet, but finding one under 100 euros is going to be difficult. It would probably have to be second hand...

However, have a look at Ducky. Out of all my keyboards my Ducky is the best quality so far... I think you may also be able to get it without LED's too!

Most keyboards you can just turn the LED's off. Make sure the one you get has this option and you are good to go. Ducky stuff is good but quite expensive. You get what you pay for though. :)

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Thank you all,

I think i'm getting the das ultimate s or the coolermaster quickfire XT.

It will depend on the price when I buy it and the promotions in the meantime...