Has anyone bought windows from an unrecognized seller before?

echoac

I don't have the money to pay $120 at recognized retailers. I was wondering if anyone bought keys off ebay, g2a or reddit before. Did they work? What are the risks of buying from these sources?

Thanks.

Bought a few off of g2a. If you enable g2a shield, you'll be fine.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Pirating.. The biggest issue is pirated keys. If you have any windows 7 laptops (that you don't use), Download windows 7 from some where like CNET, and then install using the Windows Key that is (usually) on the under side of the laptop.

Or, Amazon.com has an $77 Win7 pro deal right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Professional-Software-Genuine/dp/B00S1RKDL0/ref=sr_1_12?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1427600448&sr=1-12&keywords=Windows+7

(But its only 32Bit)

OR YOU COULD USE LINUX...

But hey, if you must use a non-standard supplier, use G2A, they are the most legit.

I bought one...works just fine on the reddit software swap...just purchase from a mod or verified seller

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I bought one...works just fine on the reddit software swap...just purchase from a mod or verified seller

How long have you had it for?

How long have you had it for?

A good two years...nothing happened to me.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I don't know if this counts, but I bought my 8.1 Pro/64 from "Tek-Micro.com". When I was about to make the purchase, I was a sketched out... but I went for it anyway, and poof... it started the download for the official installation media, and they emailed me a key promptly. Worked out perfectly for $88.99.

I'll be using this method for all of the builds I do from here forward.

http://www.tek-micro.com/microsoft-windows-8-1-professional-download/

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro