Windows programs in Linux

I was hoping for some help on this topic of Windows to Linux ( Most likely Ubuntu ) I have been looking for a solution to the problem of running games, Photoshop, Premiere, Audition, and After Effects, ( pretty much the whole CS6 Suite ) in Ubuntu, Has anyone here been successful in doing this ? I am really interested in switching to Ubuntu, or Fedora is another option, I like both of these quite a lot but Windows restricted programs and games have been holding me back, Does anyone know of a good solid way to do this ?

Thanks for any help

Nathan

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I would try out wine and winebottler, and I would also recommend linux mint, it is essentially ubuntu and runs ubuntu stuff but I like it quite a bit better

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

For Ubuntu, there is a program called Wine which makes Windows compatibility fairly simple. There are also lists for how well Wine works with certain games and programs.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

I

For Ubuntu, there is a program called Wine which makes Windows compatibility fairly simple. There are also lists for how well Wine works with certain games and programs.

I would try out wine and winebottler, and I would also recommend linux mint, it is essentially ubuntu and runs ubuntu stuff but I like it quite a bit better

I know of Wine, but from what I remember reading it is a little sketchy with what I want to do... 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

I know of Wine, but from what I remember reading it is a little sketchy with what I want to do... 

Other than that, your only viable option is probably to run some kind of Windows VM out of your OS.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Other than that, your only viable option is probably to run some kind of Windows VM out of your OS.

Yeah I may just have to, but that also draws to my attention, the fact that I can continue using Windows 8 and not suffer with the resource hog that is virualization, Maybe some day Adobe will decide to code for Linux, so I guess until that day Windows it is for me. : /

Yeah I may just have to, but that also draws to my attention, the fact that I can continue using Windows 8 and not suffer with the resource hog that is virualization, Maybe some day Adobe will decide to code for Linux, so I guess until that day Windows it is for me. : /

It would be wonderful if Adobe would do this. Then again, I'd be happier if they would just keep up with their java exploits.