Thoughts on Bittorrent Sync?

I believe Linus has mentioned using this app some time ago but don't know if he got around to using it yet since its release. Other than "simpler usability," is there a reason to use this over say, FileZilla? I understand that at least 1 machine must by on and have a shared folder on the network to sync to another device. I also skimmed the TOS and came across something puzzling, even though your data is encrypted in transmission, apparently Sync admins can go into your stuff at any time and delete/copy whatever they want...for any reason or no reason at all. The "cop-out" claim for doing so is: what they consider to be illegal content. I didn't see any NSA gag-order disclaimer so either they're gagged or they didn't think to mention they're not. Considering this is now a paid service my face is:  :mellow:

Opinions?

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

One reason to use it over ftp could be potentially faster transfer speeds. I don't think they can do much about your files since it never passes through their servers, they only provide the technology.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

I use to move media files between my Linux laptop and Android phone plus Win7 PC. Much faster than using external HDD or USB. And way easier than making home network just for file sharing. It could be even installed on NAS making it perfect backup software since it will sync all files to excatly same based on what is modified last.

I'm not too worried over NSA in here cold north. They will have to work as hard as any cracker to get through my dual firewall just to see some movies and music. All files needing more secure transfers are done with USB.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv