Good graphics card for movies

AMD Lover

Maybe it's just your internet connection?

Nope, Because this isnt isolated to just me, but others too, same fix works for them too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Nope, Because this isnt isolated to just me, but others too, same fix works for them too.

They might have the same internet problem. I seem to have no trouble with netflix on my laptop's HD 3000 on a 1080p TV..

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Also don't use Chrome, use Firefox for movie streaming. Chrome has GPU acceleration for video disabled by default (which doesn't make any sense to me since they own youtube).

Yep Im a Foxboy, none of this excess chrome crap :) But it isnt a network problem that he or the others I've mentioned experience.

I should have clarrified that I wasnt having a network issue, when I mentioned the quality change.

Netflix also isnt skipping because of the network, its a CPU usage problem.

Did you read the OP, and google the issue.. Because everyone in this thread is just saying get a new GPU which isnt the solution to his problem.

Everyone who has this issue that I've read about determines the CPU usage is the problem.

His CPU usage is fine for a time.. then suddenly skyrockets above 80%-100% causing the stutters in playback..

Whether he just needs an updated IGPU driver or something I dunno, He has not since reponded.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

@SkilledRebuilds- the OP is looking for a card for an htpc usage profile. The OP is not currently having playback issues.

And here's my input:

I never had any problems with any graphics solution, integrated (HD 3000, 4000, and 4600) or otherwise.

However, your budget is very low, so an inexpensive APU from AMD will probably be your best bet.

The truth is, almost any graphics solution will work for your needs, so get a part within your budget with the best graphics you can afford.

PC hardware still on a budget, 2 graduate degrees later.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780

You can just go with an AMD A10-6800k with a silenced optimized case and down clock the APU if you want to minimized heat output and noise

Like many have suggested, you could just use your integrated graphics for this.

PC Specs

Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 32GB (8x4GB) | MSI GTX 980 +200MHz +200MHz | Corsair HX1050i PSU

Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Western Digital 2TB Green HDD | Corsair Carbide 500R Midtower | Random DVD Burner | Corsair H100 for CPU

Get an AMD APU, they are perfectly suited for this kind of HPTC build, more then enough grunt to stream movies and its cheap as well.

you will need at least 4 water cooled titans to watch 1080p movies.

I think that is a bit of an overkill. He will get away with three easy.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Anything from this page will do fine. You will get away with a passive cooling gpu as long as you have non restricted airflow in your case.

http://www.newegg.com/Desktop-Graphics-Cards/SubCategory/ID-48?Tpk=graphics%20cards%20for%20desktop&Order=PRICE

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700