Razer Chroma has 16.8M colors not the 512 that was reported

Jaybird

Writing it in software with curves is easy though. If the controller can't make fine changes though...

Yeah if it's the controller then they've got some 'splainin' to do since the keyboard costs so damn much.

IDK fam. 

Sounds like an advertisement and some *shotsfired*

btw, anyone own this? I tried my friend's chroma and his keys wobbled a lot. anyone noticed any wobbling on theirs? 

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Yeah if it's the controller then they've got some 'splainin' to do since the keyboard costs so damn much.

It costs so damn much AND they stopped producing the only one I actually wanted to buy BUT COULD NEVER FUCKING FIND ON STORE SHELVES. Even Amazon did the "in stock in 3 months" crap with the RGB Blues. 

To say I was pissed would be putting it lightly. Yea, I could settle on Reds but I enjoy Blues, I enjoy Corsair RGB (the keyboard is just nice, which kinda influences a purchase, not gonna pick a keyboard I just don't like seeing much less using). 

Ugh. Maybe I'll go for the Chroma after all or keep hunting and hope someone, somewhere got Blues in locally that I don't need to pay an arm and a leg for. 

Victorious Secret if you do manage to find any, let me know. I'd buy one as well.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

It costs so damn much AND they stopped producing the only one I actually wanted to buy BUT COULD NEVER FUCKING FIND ON STORE SHELVES. Even Amazon did the "in stock in 3 months" crap with the RGB Blues.

To say I was pissed would be putting it lightly. Yea, I could settle on Reds but I enjoy Blues, I enjoy Corsair RGB (the keyboard is just nice, which kinda influences a purchase, not gonna pick a keyboard I just don't like seeing much less using).

Ugh. Maybe I'll go for the Chroma after all or keep hunting and hope someone, somewhere got Blues in locally that I don't need to pay an arm and a leg for.

There's literally no difference in feel of the click between the razer greens and cherry blues. Only difference is the pitch of the noise it makes, and supposedly razer's switches come from kailh. The Razer switches feel heavier than cherry blues too.

But as a person who liked blues, I had no problem transitioning to the reds.

Edit: needed to clarify

IDK fam.

Sounds like an advertisement and some *shotsfired*

btw, anyone own this? I tried my friend's chroma and his keys wobbled a lot. anyone noticed any wobbling on theirs?

Read the thread mate. I have one. And no the keys only wobble if you force them to. If you use them as intended, there's no issue.

Read the thread mate. I have one. And no the keys only wobble if you force them to. If you use them as intended, there's no issue.

They are made of cheap plastic. I really need to get around to making that full video with a tear down and review. ALL kailh switches do it and they don't take much force to do it. It doesn't affect the main typing experience, but it shows how cheaply made their switches are, and the type of plastic used has to be different. I think the Cherry MX switches must use Polyoxymethylene, and I've even managed to break those before, but they don't flex it seems . they are also REALLY inconsistent. THAT kills the typing experience. I'm trying to wait until I get get a hold of a keyboard with gateron switches as well.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

There's literally no difference in feel of the click between the razer greens and cherry blues. Only difference is the pitch of the noise it makes, and supposedly razer's switches come from kailh. The Razer switches feel heavier than cherry blues too.

But as a person who liked blues, I had no problem transitioning to the reds.

Edit: needed to clarify

Don't lie. While some may prefer the Kailh razer greens, they have lower actuation force and are much softer and quieter. Saying the razer greens feel heavier either means you have never typed on blues or you have rubber fingers...or more likely the switches are so inconsistent that some do feel heavier even though by the specs razer lists they shouldn't, which is the whole point of the switch according to their marketing- its easier travel is better for gaming. (The m5 key on mine feels like they best key on the whole damn keyboard). I've tested (and recorded) quite a few of them now, as well as a MX Blue Blackwidow that was still on display at a best buy against a Razer green one (so literally the same keyboard, take other factors out)

If you are not being misleading on purpose then you must no be able to feel the difference between browns and clears, it's that drastic. I imagine Kailh razer greens cause less fatigue when gaming, but I hate gaming on mx blue/ kailh blues/ razer greens simply because the actuation point is below the release point of the plunger, meaning if your rapidly press them or hair trigger them they will sometimes not click even though they are registering. Throws me off.

Razer using Kailh switches on their high end keyboards without even changing the prices is a damn shame, especially since they don't offer a cherry option at all. The chroma is a great keyboard, if you replace the switches. IMO it looks better as far as the lighting goes, albeit more gamery, band has much better software.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

They are made of cheap plastic. I really need to get around to making that full video with a tear down and review. ALL kailh switches do it and they don't take much force to do it. It doesn't affect the main typing experience, but it shows how cheaply made their switches are, and the type of plastic used has to be different. they are also REALLY inconsistent. THAT kills the typing experience. I'm trying to wait until I get get a hold of a keyboard with gateron switches as well.

I didn't say they didn't wobble, they just don't wobble while you're using them like you would a normal keyboard. They feel fine. I don't know what keyboard you've been typing on.

Don't lie.

I'm not. I have a MX Blue keyboard that no longer functions, but the switches are fine. The MX Blue's are lighter on key presses compared to the Razer greens, which are heavier. I'm not going to make shit up, lol.

I didn't say they didn't wobble, they just don't wobble while you're using them like you would a normal keyboard. They feel fine. I don't know what keyboard you've been typing on.

My blackwidow and every keyboard in stock in the two closest best buys. It does affect me whern typing, but only if I type on it witht he same force I use on my model m or my mx blue one before I sold it...well maybe not the blues I still type softer on them but I pound my model m Clicky switches tend to make me pound harder, but if I adjust and type more like I do on my MX Red keyboard, it's pretty good. If the switches felt more consistent, I would actually entertain the idea of tactile click switches this soft. You have to adjust the way you type over blues, because if you type too hard they almost feel like linear switches.

I'm not. I have a MX Blue keyboard that no longer functions, but the switches are fine. The MX Blue's are lighter on key presses compared to the Razer greens, which are heavier. I'm not going to make shit up, lol.

There's no fucking way. they have 5 grams lower listed actuation force, and every single one I've tired felt so much lighter, not just to me, but friends who were with me, and even a best buy employee who didn't even know about it until trying it. (I complained they were using an MX blue display model but selling razer greens)

muh specs 

All parts black

@Syntaxvgm - I don't know what to tell you mate. Either I have some special keyboard, or you got a crappy one to test on. Even Jay swears the switches in the Chroma are heavier than they're advertised, and heavier than the other mechanical keyboards he has in comparison.

I primarily use MX Reds on my K65 RGB. I started using this Chroma a couple days ago to make sure it'll function when I take it to a friend in a few weeks. When you replied to me, I got my MX Blue keyboard out and I typed my full name out on each of them multiple times, and every single time the Chroma felt heavier.

Dunno what else to say.

All the little shits who attach "gate" to any word at first sign of a small internet kerfluffle and thinking they're clever needs a good throttling, keel hauling and castration.

I bet it's Reddit or 4chan again, someone please burn them down already.

it sure as hell aint 4chan. Reddit though i can imagine.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Now I know corsair RGB keyboards had this issue but was unaware that some people thought that the Razer Chroma keyboards also had this issue. May have been a case of mistaken identity.

re-read the artcle and its actually a marketing ploy from razer stating that their keyboards do have 16.8m color as appose to the competitor's, aka Corsair, products which only have 512.

...Sooo. Update your title? Or is this not news (really old/repost) and should probably be deleted?

#RGBGate ?????? Really ?

Words can explain how i feel about everybody using thw word "gate" for every tech issue, only weapons can...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

...Sooo. Update your title? Or is this not news (really old/repost) and should probably be deleted?

The guy from Razer posted it 14hours ago. That has all the rights to be in news section, Mr Grumpy !

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Writing it in software with curves is easy though.

Just because it's easy doesn't mean it can be done well. Razer has been making this point with every update to the Razer Synapse software... Seriously that thing couldn't be more buggy even if they removed all their semicolons xD

So I played around with the lighting of my K70 RGB,  i dont know how to do the transmition profile to make it go through full colour spectrum so I just changed the colours to see if they differ.

As far as colours go i was satisfied wit even 512 this keyboard can produce (how the hell u can tell difference in 16.8M colours on LED i dont know. On paper or monitor screen which has so many tiny pixels its surely easier and more obvious to prove the point Razer is making)

As far as contrast of each colour goes all the k70 RGB does is reduce the light intensity (brightness).

post-28682-0-42174200-1427333686.jpg

So I played around with the lighting of my K70 RGB,  i dont know how to do the transmition profile to make it go through full colour spectrum so I just changed the colours to see if they differ.

As far as colours go i was satisfied wit even 512 this keyboard can produce (how the hell u can tell difference in 16.8M colours on LED i dont know. On paper or monitor screen which has so many tiny pixels its surely easier and more obvious to prove the point Razer is making)

As far as contrast of each colour goes all the k70 RGB does is reduce the light intensity (brightness).

I posted a video on this thread, showing the difference.

The transitions on the Corsair RGB's are jumpy and aren't very smooth compared to the Blackwidow Chroma. So clearly the Chroma can produce more colors, or both keyboards can do the same colors and the Chroma is just programmed better or has a better controller.