Should I bother getting the Corsair K65 RGB keyboard? What do you think of Corsairs RBG keyboards?

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

Are there any people that know a lot about mechanical keyboards that want to help me out here?

I actually like Corsair's keycaps so sorry about all the confusion xD

It's a great keyboard if you're OK with having only Cherry MX Reds.

Should I bother getting the Corsair K65 RGB keyboard?

What do you think of Corsairs RBG keyboards?

I like the idea of an RGB keyboard, but is it worth it? 

I'm mostly looking for other people's opinions.

-Bad key caps

-Non-standated layout so can't replace said bad key caps

-Overpriced

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

-Bad key caps

-Non-standated layout so can't replace said bad key caps

-Overpriced

That's what I was afraid of. 

Saw it in store and I just don't like the black body nearly as much as the previous older gray/gunmetal colored versions. Keycaps are fine imo and are replaceable with other cherry MX keycaps, but the bottom non-standard layout will leave somewhat weird looking gaps. You'll need a couple of small keycaps to replace the windows keycaps on the bottom row to make it work. Not the worst thing in the world.. but that Corsair "Gaming" logo bothers me the most. 

example on the non-LED k65: http://imgur.com/a/0G9rS#2GQd67s

Another thing to consider are the key switches. Is this your first mechanical keyboard, or do you already have a switch type preference? K65 rgb is cherry MX reds only where as the larger K70's have reds, blues, browns and maybe more.

Twitch | Twitter | PC specs [on Twitch page]

Saw it in store and I just don't like the black body nearly as much as the previous older gray/gunmetal colored versions. Keycaps are fine imo and are replaceable with other cherry MX keycaps, but the bottom non-standard layout will leave somewhat weird looking gaps. You'll need a couple of small keycaps to replace the windows keycaps on the bottom row to make it work. Not the worst thing in the world.. but that Corsair "Gaming" logo bothers me the most. 

example on the non-LED k65: http://imgur.com/a/0G9rS#2GQd67s

Another thing to consider are the key switches. Is this your first mechanical keyboard, or do you already have a switch type preference? K65 rgb is cherry MX reds only where as the larger K70's have reds, blues, browns and maybe more.

So the key caps are okay? I hear 50% of people saying they're good and the other 50% saying they're bad. I don't know what to believe!

Are there any people that know a lot about mechanical keyboards that want to help me out here?

The keycaps should be the least of your problems if you don't know much about switch types or mechanical keyboards in general.

Watch

first for reference

Twitch | Twitter | PC specs [on Twitch page]

The keycaps should be the least of your problems if you don't know much about switch types or mechanical keyboards in general.

Watch this first for reference

I know about key switches, though I haven't felt them yet. I'm planning to buy a key switch test kit.

I actually like Corsair's keycaps so sorry about all the confusion xD

It's a great keyboard if you're OK with having only Cherry MX Reds.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I have a K70 RGB with MX Brown switches and it's an awesome keyboard, but the software-side of things has a lot of room for improvement, in regards to usability as well as stability.

To be completely honest, I have some issues with my USB driver (or so I believe) where the on-press lighting animations always end up freezing. I've had Amazon send me a replacement unit only to find out that it did the exact same thing, hence why I believe that my drivers are causing this even though they are all up to date. In the end, I don't mind at all since Amazon issued me a partial refund of 60$, which means that I paid 120$ for an awesome keyboard.

I just picked one up today. Haven't gotten to use it much. The keycaps feel fine to me. This is my first mechanical keyboard its feels a little different typing at a store and at my house the difference is much more pronounced at home. I got the k65, you have to update firmware asap, wont work if you don't. Has different polling rates, test all but the one for bios and only the 4ms polling worked for me, only one that worked for updating too. The firmware update took about a minute per percent and failed until i found out about changing the polling rate. Still is the case after the update. The keyboard feels sturdy and seems like it will last a awhile. The leds are bright even in a well lit room. I was also hesitant to buy a keyboard over 100 that wasn't metal. At the moment im happy with it. I'm not a fan of razer but you should also try their switch too, it did feel good to me (don't hit me)

Cirsair hasn't fixed the biggest problem with their keyboards: SOFTWARE ! Not only its fairly difficult to get into it if u want to create your own profile but it has compatibility issues and some applications interrupt it (my keyboard lighting froze while playing/installing or using Shootmania client, other find steam to have problems with it).

They announced the keyboard year ago (CES 2014), released it in Autumn and haven't fixed anything since then...

I'm dissapointed it the company not getting its stuff together on their top line product (keyboards).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE