Pre Clean Install Prep

Shhuks

I just installed a new motherboard and cpu into my pc, so I want to do a complete clean install. Do I need to wipe my SSD before or are there any other things you guys would recommend before doing the install? 

I just installed a new motherboard and cpu into my pc, so I want to do a complete clean install. Do I need to wipe my SSD before or are there any other things you guys would recommend before doing the install? 

don't wipe an SSD, it reduces the lifetime.

Back up your data, and create a new partition table on the SSD if you really want to.. Make sure that you're using legit Windows install media.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

don't wipe an SSD, it reduces the lifetime.

Back up your data, and create a new partition table on the SSD if you really want to.. Make sure that you're using legit Windows install media.

What if there is no data I need to back up? I still have my original install disk/key.

What if there is no data I need to back up? I still have my original install disk/key.

In that case, just reinstall. By the way, any programs installed on any other hard drives will not work.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

In that case, just reinstall. By the way, any programs installed on any other hard drives will not work.

I only have an SSD for that pc. Thanks for all the help!