Linus Tech Tips app?

bmspendley

just trying to draw attention to this topic. Sort of wanted to take a poll if people wanted it. Personally I use my iPad to check the forums so that would be a yes from me.

Oh shoot! Was that offensive! (I don't care).

i really think they should make one

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

There isn't much reason to do that and they would need to hire a software designer to do it. They wouldn't profit from it so there isn't any reason to waste so much money in it. This is a forum and a forum DOESNT need an app

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

i really think they should make one

Start a kickstarted for it?

There isn't much reason to do that and they would need to hire a software designer to do it. They wouldn't profit from it so there isn't any reason to waste so much money in it. This is a forum and a forum DOESNT need an app

Ad revenue would help, and I think enough people would use the app.

Ad revenue would help, and I think enough people would use the app.

There would barely be any profit from ads and this is a forum. There is not point in a forum app

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

They do need an app the mobile verson of the forms is bad and haveing a dedicated app would make me use my phone to post comments allot more 

They should just make sure tapatalk works, I can find it on tapatalk but I can't sign in then I get an error message and I can't view the forum so yeah 

Deleted code is debugged code.

Mods have hinted towards it but will probably arrive after forum is updatet to IPB4. (@colonel_mortis)

They should just make sure tapatalk works, I can find it on tapatalk but I can't sign in then I get an error message and I can't view the forum so yeah

Tapatalk is currently disabled because of it causing issues on forums. Its issue on Tapatalks side and it will most likely be enabled when they have fixed things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ad revenue would most likely help @Wirbelfeld. I have my own forum, though I don't use it and it has around 20 posts and 12 memebers (Blame my laziness on not sorting out...maybe later) and I still manage to generate £10 in ad revenue. This is a forum with 3000+ active users, just think how much ad revenue I get on 12 and how much this forum would get with 3000. That being said, more clicks = less money per click.

Back on topic, a dedicated app would be nice but if it would be just for the forum I'd assume making a better mobile theme would be more profitable.

There are no exposed APIs what so ever in the currently used version of IP.board making it excruciatingly slow to make anything interface with the service. Hopefully IPB4 has built in support for misc. function API calls—Then it'd be much more reasonable to develop more in-depth apps for it. That being said, it's very possible the mobile version of IPB4 is great to begin with.

Cheers,

Linus

If they make an app, then should make both ios and android app!!

Ad revenue would most likely help @Wirbelfeld. I have my own forum, though I don't use it and it has around 20 posts and 12 memebers (Blame my laziness on not sorting out...maybe later) and I still manage to generate £10 in ad revenue. This is a forum with 3000+ active users, just think how much ad revenue I get on 12 and how much this forum would get with 3000. That being said, more clicks = less money per click.

Back on topic, a dedicated app would be nice but if it would be just for the forum I'd assume making a better mobile theme would be more profitable.

But there is already a dedicated forum. How would an app make things easier?

But there is already a dedicated forum. How would an app make things easier?

That's why I said if it would only be a dedicated app only for the forum and nothing else there wouldn't be much use, other than the increased ad revenue (Generally, you can't block ads that are on apps whereas on browsers its much easier). The only thing I can see a dedicated app being easier for just the forum is ease of use, that being, it's only one click to the forum whereas its several if you went through a web browser.

That's why I said if it would only be a dedicated app only for the forum and nothing else there wouldn't be much use, other than the increased ad revenue (Generally, you can't block ads that are on apps whereas on browsers its much easier). The only thing I can see a dedicated app being easier for just the forum is ease of use, that being, it's only one click to the forum whereas its several if you went through a web browser.

or you could favorite it? I have never seen an app just for convenience to get to a forum. It seems pointless to me. How would you optimize the app better than the forum right now for mobile users?

I know, that's why I was saying if anything just a better mobile friendly theme would do.

Like Tapatalk integration?

That would be nice.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

There are no exposed APIs what so ever in the currently used version of IP.board making it excruciatingly slow to make anything interface with the service. Hopefully IPB4 has built in support for misc. function API calls—Then it'd be much more reasonable to develop more in-depth apps for it. That being said, it's very possible the mobile version of IPB4 is great to begin with.

Unfortunately, IPB4 does not have a built in API :(

However, that's not to say that there won't be an API for the forum, just that it won't be built in (that's also not to say that there will be one, though it's certainly something I am planning to look into).

An app takes a lot of work, and it wouldn't add a huge amount. The mobile version of the forum will be improved significantly later in the year, hopefully making an app redundant.

There is currently no app in development with forum integration (and I don't know about apps without forum integration), but it's not impossible that one will be developed at some point.

HTTP/2 203

Sounds like a cool idea. Although it would create a war between the IOS vs Android guys here if they don't release both apps at the same time.

My problem is that my pop up keyboard crashes frequentally on my iPad.