unidentified cello, 100$

spwath

Why, are they worth anything?

It is an exquisite Indian instrument with only one freaking string! :D

I asked for more pics.

WOuldent it be cool to have a cello be your PC case?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

-snip-

It'd be a waste of an instrument.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

It'd be a waste of an instrument.

That depends on the quality of the instument.

If its any good, i would not do that.

If its completly terrible, I would do something creative

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My guess is that there are no markings because the "Made in China" sticker was simply removed.   ;)   I'm not a cellist, I play the guitar, but I do, or rather, have looked for other stringed instruments plenty of times.  Too good to be true is usually too good to be true these days, with instruments.  

My guess is that there are no markings because the "Made in China" sticker was simply removed.   ;)   I'm not a cellist, I play the guitar, but I do, or rather, have looked for other stringed instruments plenty of times.  Too good to be true is usually too good to be true these days, with instruments.  

Still, you cant even get a cello that cheap even if it is terribe.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cello

Besides, made in china does not equal bad.

There are amazing chinese factory made cellos from china

No there aren't. Amazing cellos aren't made in a factory. They are made by hand by master craftsmen.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

No there aren't. Amazing cellos aren't made in a factory. They are made by hand by master craftsmen.

OK, not amazing, but quite good.

Like, in the under 5,000$ bracket, for a student, some are quite good, like Shens.

My cello teacher, the first cello in the RPO, his main cello is some hand made, $100,000+ cello, but he also has a Shen, for other uses.

So not amazing, but plenty good.

Still, you cant even get a cello that cheap even if it is terribe.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cello

Besides, made in china does not equal bad.

But why would you want a terrible cello?  With guitars, most budget lines are made in China, or worse Korea.  Some are so awful they'll do more harm than good for a beginner.  Some are decent enough to learn on (Fender Squires for example), but other than the guitar, other Chinese made stringed instruments have been absolute trash. 

But why would you want a terrible cello? With guitars, most budget lines are made in China, or worse Korea. Some are so awful they'll do more harm than good for a beginner. Some are decent enough to learn on (Fender Squires for example), but other than the guitar, other Chinese made stringed instruments have been absolute trash.

Sell for $$

Decoration

-snip-

Even for a student, I wouldn't recommend something in the under-5 bracket. The sweet spot is about 8,000. And the $100,000 cellos aren't for everyone.

Even for a student, I wouldn't recommend something in the under-5 bracket. The sweet spot is about 8,000. And the $100,000 cellos aren't for everyone.

I guess i just havent had much experience with good cellos.

The ones that are at the school to use are just absolutly terrible.

Bad instruments to begin with, and terribly beat up.

ONe had a hole in it.

So the few Shens the school has are really nice compared to the others, so i guess thats why.

My biggest aggravation was having a high top end in a cello, mine was very tinny in it's sound and piercingly sharp on it's tonal response, the opposite of what I felt a cello should sound like which is mellow and warm.

My biggest aggravation was having a high top end in a cello, mine was very tinny in it's sound and piercingly sharp on it's tonal response, the opposite of what I felt a cello should sound like which is mellow and warm.

15-20 grand is really where the best of both worlds are.

15-20 grand is really where the best of both worlds are.

That's about where my teachers cello was, but he also had a Strad that was worth something obscene, and he said he would never be able to afford in his life O.o