unidentified cello, 100$

spwath

Is it worth it? A random cello on craigslist only 100$.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Is it worth it? A random cello on craigslist only 100$.

I'd say no. It could be complete trash. Even used Cellos worth buying usually go for 800 bucks or more.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I'd say no. It could be complete trash. Even used Cellos worth buying usually go for 800 bucks or more.

Yeah, but it has to be worth more than 100$

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah, but it has to be worth more than 100$

Why does it have to be? There could be a whole lot wrong with it, I've seen it many times.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Why does it have to be? There could be a whole lot wrong with it, I've seen it many times.

Even at 100$ it would be a nice decoration.

Has the bass style tuners, which is odd.

I think it would probably be worth more than 75$

-snip-

Send a link to it.

Send a link to it.

Will in 40 min, in chemistry class ATM.

Still refers to the same thing no?

It's a cello in the US, cello in germany, cello most places.

It's a cello in the US, cello in germany, cello most places.

Link.

I asked, it's the dark cello in the pic.

Bad pic, I'll ask for better one.

It is cello 2 in the description

http://rochester.craigslist.org/bks/4915678057.html

-snip-

I wouldn't personally do it... however Eastman university is nearby, wouldn't be a bad question to ask if they went to school there. I'd trust it more if they did.

Link.

I asked, it's the dark cello in the pic.

Bad pic, I'll ask for better one.

It is cello 2 in the description

http://rochester.craigslist.org/bks/4915678057.html

I'd probably be able to ascertain something if I could take a look through it's F-holes but a camera would have trouble seeing such a tiny space. The markings are their and definitely the sound post, wood, etching, and bridge could tell me a lot about it, but unless I could see the instrument for myself I wouldn't be able to give you something substantial information wise :(

I wouldn't personally do it... however Eastman university is nearby, wouldn't be a bad question to ask if they went to school there. I'd trust it more if they did.

Right, I do live in a musical city.

Also, the city with the most poverty in America, and in the top 10 most poor city's.

But yeah, I'll see what other info

I'd probably be able to ascertain something if I could take a look through it's F-holes but a camera would have trouble seeing such a tiny space. The markings are their and definitely the sound post, wood, etching, and bridge could tell me a lot about it, but unless I could see the instrument for myself I wouldn't be able to give you something substantial information wise :(

The person said there are no markings.

i would say unless you can find someone that knows what it is, then its value is what ever you are willing to pay without having any idea of what is is or its value

The person said there are no markings.

That's why I said it would take further analysis of the rest of the instrument, but the time and money involved to so it may not worth the cost to investigate.

i would say unless you can find someone that knows what it is, then its value is what ever you are willing to pay without having any idea of what is is or its value

Good point.

But, there is always the it-would-look-pretty-cool-hanging-from-my-ceiling factor

Good point.

But, there is always the it-would-look-pretty-cool-hanging-from-my-ceiling factor

I would play it, I have a standard 4/4 Glaesel Performance cello :P

I would play it, I have a standard 4/4 Glaesel Performance cello :P

Ah, I have a relatively nice shen, that I rent

Buy the Ektara

Why, are they worth anything?