X360 Emulator

Aprils_Renegade

Hey Guys,

probably a longshot but does anyone know of any Xbox 360 Emulators? Wanted to play GTA 5 or other games until it comes out. I have both a controller and a wireless adapter - it's just a matter of utilizing them.

"If an Opportunity doesn't knock, build a Door." - Milton Berle

No. There are some in development but the most it can play is very simple 2d games at 2fps.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

i personally dont know of any emulators, and i think i know why:

emulating PS2 is beyond the capabilities of an i3, and the xbox 360 is more in PS3 range of performance, which we all know how much more compute power that had compared to the PS2...

No. There are some in development but the most it can play is very simple 2d games at 2fps.

emulating PS2 is beyond the capabilities of an i3, and the xbox 360 is more in PS3 range of performance, which we all know how much more compute power that had compared to the PS2...

Well my system's a 4670k @ 3.4GHz, a 780Ti Classified and 2x4GB 1600MHz RAM - I don't think performance is an issue haha

Well my system's a 4670k @ 3.4GHz, a 780Ti Classified and 2x4GB 1600MHz RAM - I don't think performance is an issue haha

I don't think you understand how an emulator works... Yes performance IS an issue. Even if you had dual zeons and quad titan x's

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Not exactly true

Not exactly true

My point still stands to a very high extent. I doubt you will be able to play GTA v with an emulator anytime soon. Maybe 2-3 years.

Your computer needs to be something like 10x better just to be able to start the fucking game :P

So have fun looking at menus

Your computer needs to be something like 10x better just to be able to start the fucking game :P

So have fun looking at menus

Seriously? X360 is like 10 years old - why is this the case? Surely, it would bet better optimized on the emulator, depending on how well it's coded? correct me if i'm wrong

Seriously? X360 is like 10 years old - why is this the case? Surely, it would bet better optimized on the emulator, depending on how well it's coded? correct me if i'm wrong

You're wrong.

It's the same case for any emulator because we can't emulate an operating system designed for completely different hardware that easily.

Most PCs still can't run Shadow of the Colossus without lag on a PS2 emulator.

You're wrong.

It's the same case for any emulator because we can't emulate an operating system designed for completely different hardware that easily.

Most PCs still can't run Shadow of the Colossus without lag on a PS2 emulator.

From a theoretical standpoint - would modding the OS to be optimized for PC hardware improve performance?

From a theoretical standpoint - would modding the OS to be optimized for PC hardware improve performance?

I wouldn't know.

We can't get access to a console OS as it isn't open source but idk

OP has no idea how emulation works....even emulating a wii has been more of a recent thing

I'll admit I don't - hence why I made this thread.

If I knew any better, I don't think i'd be here writing this write now  :D

To show how emulation is much more than just hardware, try and find an emualtor for the original Xbox. Spec wise was basically a PC with a cutdown pentium 3, a Geforce GPU amd 64MB of ram, still difficult to emulate as console games are border line hard coded to the machines.

umm no. The ps2 emulator is not beyond the capabilities of an i3. Modern haswell i3s have the single threaded performance needed for emulators.

My computer struggles sometimes with shadow of collosus. 970 with 4690k...

think about it like bitcoin mining Cpu's that are incredibly powerful can't do what usb asics can its because they just aren't made for doing the same things

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

think about it like bitcoin mining Cpu's that are incredibly powerful can't do what usb asics can its because they just aren't made for doing the same things

Then why not make specific hardware, or the same hardware but is also attuned to consoles?

...That's just making a console, isn't it?

Put it this way. The Wii was only a fraction as powerful as the 360 and it used the exact same architecture as the Gamecube. The Dolphin emulator works with both Wii and Gamecube games and has been in development since 2003. AMD CPUs are pretty average with it but if you have something better than a modern i3? You'll be able to run most games well enough. If you have an i5 or better? You can probably do that and push the resolution up a bit. Not all games, maybe 50-80%.

With the 360? They haven't been working as long on it and you'll need that much more power. So naturally they're much further away from it being actually worth it.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

maybe in like 15 years.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I have a 4770k and sli 680s and even now and again I get fps drops in some ps2 games..sometimes major ones depending on the game. So ya good luck with a x 360 emulator if one existed.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Also I will put it basicly as to how I usually explain emulation, its like trying to talk to someone when you don't know each others languages and you need to go though a translator. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

i dont know any xbox emulators and if they exsist they will proberly not be very good