Speculations on how the 390x will perform against the TitanX?

Just currious to know what people that actually know about this stuff think on the topic :D

Guessing 390x will have at least 6 gigs of vram but will be much cheaper than stuff like titan black (also 6 gigs).

Titan X will tear it a new butthole.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

It will have better price to performance.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Oh yeah.. R9 390x will surely be better than a Titan X or same as.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

As long as it performs lets say give or take 50% better than the R9 290X hopefully it'll give the GTX 980 & Titan X a run for it's money. Fingers crossed ofc under a $1000 but probably spec'd in the range of $600-700 (or within the same price bracket as the 980) compared to GTX 980. If it's only reference cooler it'd better be worth it.

I think was it 780 that performed extremely well over the 680 which was a really impressive from nvidia.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

4/8Gb

Same or slightly worse than the Titan X

699/799Price-tag

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

hopefully it runs better than a titanX, so nvidia has a run for its money and we start having a gpu price war. I would say no matter where it lies, in terms of performance, AMD will probably have the cheaper card. 

Sup

In my opinion: AMD will make a cheaper card, because they have to in order to compete. It will out perform a 980, but will not out perform the Titan X. The 980 will, however, be the better overclocker and use less power. It will carry a $699-$799 price tag due to the cost of new tech (HBM) and more VRAM (6-8GB) Then Nvidia will release a special edition 980 with 6GB of VRAM that is faster then the 390X and undercut the 390X's price forcing AMD to lower the 390X's cost. 

I agree with this that was posted on another forum: 

AMD is trying to fight back with Nvidia not with architectural advancements as much as process manufacturing advantages(Supposedly fd soi > HPM) , water cooling and hbm. This isn't as impressive in my opinion because it is simply less of an R and D focused and more about having the right partners to give you access to these technologies. Plus it seems more like a brute force method that leaves way less head room in the future. I.e Nvidia will get these technologies eventually(get those improvements) and basically it will all be down to architecture again.

Even if AMD comes out as fast as rumored(which is highly suspect considering the timing of the leaks/i.e damage control as far as titan x reviews), most people that have purchased titan x will probably have very little to regret if they can afford 200 dollars. Theres a good chance nvidia will still have the crown when overclocking is taken into account(1550mhz on stock air cooling) and AMD isn't going to price their card that low considering it has a water cooler and very expensive memory incorporated into the chip. Plus the large die size itself.

You can't brag or presume on 390x laurels until it is released because considering how much of a financial beatdown maxwell has given AMD, if AMD has something, they should have released it by now and these rumors seem like a calculated effort on AMD's part to pull off anti marketing on Nvidia(crap on the competition rather than promote your new products). A move they seem to have taken alot since Roy Taylor went aboard AMD.

Ryzen 7 3700x | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi | TForce Delta 32GB DDR4 | WINDOWS 10 64 BIT | WD Black 1TB NVME | Intel 1TB NVME | WD Black 4tb HDD | Nvidia 3080 FE | Seasonic 850w Platinum | Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered | BeQuiet DarkRock Slim |

I will wait an see. For right now I am more than set on with my hardware. If AMD really brings something revolutionary to the table this time, I will surely buy the card and benchmark it aginst the Titan X. But even so, I doubt that I will take the Titan X 2way SLI out of my highend machine, simply because I have a 4K G-Sync monitor.

That statement of that guy is above isn´t a bad one. AMD promised in the past too many times too much. And always just fought it out over pricing. Let´s hope that this changes a bit this time. But it is also a matter of fact that many people that buy AMD want to have highend but aren´t able or not willing to pay the price for highend stuff. That problem with this philosophy is just, that without R&D and enough margin on a product, a company can´t make enough profit to invest more.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I don't see how it would benefit amd to leak false benchmarks. How bad would it kill them if they cant achieve them? 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

hopefully it runs better than a titanX, so nvidia has a run for its money and we start having a gpu price war. I would say no matter where it lies, in terms of performance, AMD will probably have the cheaper card. 

You are probably right although I'd love to see AMD bring out some really high end stuff so that the end consumer can get better cheaper cards from both AMD and Nvidia

Here is what I think is going to happen.

- It'll come under $700

- At leaste 6-8GB Vram

- 512-bit bus

I think it'll perform similarly but not beat the Titan X, the 395x2 or whatever their dual gpu card might though since the 295x2 speed wise is faster and has a few more fps but that's a dual gpu card. 

The Titan X will still remain the best card you can get unless we're all wrong and AMD rips a new reality.   If that's the case I'll sell my Titan X(s) and buy multiple 390x's but also taking a ram hit since I don't think it'll come with 12gb but who knows maybe AMD will slap 12gb of that thing but it might then come closer to the 8-900 dollar price point. 

The 390x at the end of the day will be better than the 980 but will not beat down the Titan X.

I really want AMD to come out and kick Nvidia's arse but we know that won't happen, history tells us so...  If I'm wrong god can stike the tree across my yard down into the house to the right!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

We should expect high power cosumption if they deliver a high OpenCL and Gaming performance chip again like Hwaii.

I think that the computing performance that AMD cards have is ignored. They're "efficient" if we consider the computing and gaming power they offer.

Maybe their next FirePro or even the 390x cards offer nice Double Point performance, it seems that Nvidia failed with the Titan X in that point

It will be cheaper and slower then the titan x  and faster then the 980 most likely. I must have more then 4gb of vram and most likely be around $800. Amd card are following the trend of being slighly worse then their nvdia equivalence but cheaper. 

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Guessing 390x will have at least 6 gigs of vram but will be much cheaper than stuff like titan black (also 6 gigs).

Titan X will tear it a new butthole.

390X will probably be 4GB or 8GB, it's using HBM with a 4096-bit bus supposedly.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

390X will probably be 4GB or 8GB, it's using HBM with a 4096-bit bus supposedly.

lol a 4k bus :o

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

lol a 4k bus :o

The beauty of HBM :)

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

The beauty of HBM :)

cant wait for the thousand dollar AMD cards to finally hit the shelves

and ill sit there and cry in my cardboard box

cant wait for the thousand dollar AMD cards to finally hit the shelves

and ill sit there and cry in my cardboard box

i know the feels... lol