Turtle Beach DSS + Turtle Beach HLa VS Plantronics GameCom 780 I don't know what to choose

maximilian4o

As the title says. I'm trying to decide between Turtle Beach DSS + Turtle Beach HLa or go with a Plantronics GameCom 780

I will use them for gaming, and I don't have a dedicated sound card.

Thanks in advance.

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Is the GameCom 7.1 or stereo with virtual surround? If it is stereo with virtual surround go with that.

Turtle Beach are good, and have good quality but a lot of people say they tend to break a fair bit. I own a Turtle Beach Z6A, had it for about a week, then watched a badly audio encoded video on youtube (you know when a sound is too high and the speaker "clicks"), Well I was watching it with my 5.1 speakers with the Z6A sitting on the floor (Still plugged in AND on. The speakers CRACKED and I jumped up and turned them down, then continued to watch, not realizing that the Z6A was playing the same video and was not turned down... The audio continued to crack throughout the video. After that I went to play a game and I could only hear the Sub and center speaker... (It blew the front and rear speakers :( , they are tiny). I took them back and got them replaced xD, I have had them for a while now and they are fine, but i'm not getting Turtle Beach next.

Virtual Surround is better as there are two "Larger" speakers and a 2 subs, after all, we only have two ears.

"Mentally Unstable Like a Fox!"

Ok. I will probbably go with the Plantronics. But do you think that they will work fine with an onboard audio. In case you want to know, I will be usin the onboard audio of a ASUS M5A97 PRO.

BTW, thanks for the reply mate. :)

The Plantronics headset uses Dolby® Headphone and Pro Logic® IIx technologies

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

The GameCom 780 is USB right? so it can't be used with a sound card, unless you can find one with a USB, but I have never seen one, so yes, they are designed for onboard sound. If you are planning to get a sound card down the line, and want to use it with a headset with it...

Try the Razer Tiamat 2.2 stereo headset, retractable mic, no USB/additional power required.

Razer.com: http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/gamin...zer-tiamat-22/

PC Case Gear (Australia Only - $109): http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=22193

NCIX (International Shipping - $89.99): http://ncix.com/products/?sku=68117&...r&promoid=1360

Also available in 7.1, but not worth it in my opinion, Stereo "Can" be better then 7.1, by using simulated surround. Stereo headsets have bigger speakers them 5.1 and 7.1.

I have not used the Tiamat 2.2 or the GameCom 780, Im just going off what I have heard. I am planning to get the Tiamat 2.2 in the future.

The decision is yours, i'm just trying to provide information.

"Mentally Unstable Like a Fox!"

Thank you very much mate. If I decide to buy a headset, It could be the Timat or the Plantronics. But as you said, you only have 2 ears. I will probably think about it and I could go with the Timat or the Corsair Vengance 1300. :) Again thanks for the help.