200mm or 140mm fans

JoeGuyMan

I'm getting a case that has space for 2x200mm fans (3 if you don't get the window side panel) and my options are pretty limited when it comes to 200mm, I've narrowed it down to BitFenix and NZXT. So should I go with 2x200mm or 4x140mm fans(Ihave a lot more options with 140mm). Thanks  :)

Case: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25387

I'm getting a case that has space for 2x200mm fans (3 if you don't get the window side panel) and my options are pretty limited when it comes to 200mm, I've narrowed it down to BitFenix and NZXT. So should I go with 2x200mm or 4x140mm fans(Ihave a lot more options with 140mm). Thanks  :)

Case: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25387

I would suggest 140mm fans since there is a much better selection the only real benefit of 200mm fans are higher airflow at a lower speeds.

200mm has the advantage of spinning slow, and still move a lot of air.

But there is not a big selection to choose from. In my old CM Storm Trooper, there was a pre-installed 200mm fan, and it was very flimsy in my honest opinion. So only knowing of Coolermaster as a 200mm manufacturer, go 140mm. 

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

140mm all the way.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The 200mm CM fans aren't much special.  I had 4 of them in my HAF X and they'll move tons of air quietly at low RPM, but after a few years 2 of them had a very slight chirping noise.  When I retired that case it was still barely audible, but it would have gotten worse. 

Cooler master posts a life expectancy of 30.000 hours, but that's probably in a lab.  At 12 hours per day, I estimated that mine did about 17.500 hours.  I'd rate them at 15-20.000 hours in a normal environment with dust and pets.

So yeah, you'll have a much better choice in 140mm, and many of those fans are rated for much longer than those 200mm ones. 

140mm since my expirience with HAF-X and it's 200mm fans.

CPU 4790k – Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Formula - RAM 32GBs (8GBx4) 2400Mhz TRIDENT-X – GPU GTX 1080 MSI – Case Obsidian 450D –Storage Corsair / OCZ SSD – PSU Corsair HX850i –Display ASUS ROG SWIFT PG178Q 1440p 144Hz – Cooling Noctua NH-D15