EVGA GTX 980 w/ Hybrid AIO Watercooler due in about 1 week

BiG StroOnZ

Yesterday EVGA Jacob Tweeted out this pic:

2quhe37.png

Saying, "GTX 980 Hybrid... stay tuned, very soon."

I replied to him the following, "How long are we talking about, I'm getting ready to upgrade my GTX 780 and this is exactly what I'm looking for."

He proceeded by saying, "Like 1 week :)"

2jf16s4.jpg

This really gets me excited because I've been looking to upgrade my setup. If I can get a card that's Watercooled, I'll never have to worry about temps again (something that has been holding back my GTX 780). Which means highest possible overclocks, bios flashing, overvolting, etc. without any worries. I'm sure EVGA can deliver with a really stellar product like this. I wouldn't mind shelling out the extra cash for one with a Hybrid Watercooler, knowing that EVGA will probably increase the base clock and boost clocks in this model right out of the gate. Also, overclocking it should be a breeze. Only thing we will have to do is wait for the price. If it comes in at like $599 or even $619 I'd say this card will be a winner. I figure with the Watercooler they could basically give it the same clocks as on the Hydrocopper, which is 1291MHz base, and 1393MHz boost. I could be looking at like a 30% increase in performance compared to my 780 if I can get one of these to like 1550MHz or higher. I was going to wait until cut down GM200 (980 Ti or 1080 whatever NVIDIA is planning to do) but I would have to wait until at least June if not longer (considering the 780 released 3 months after the original Titan). But I have a feeling that card is going to be out of my price range anyway (like $700-800). 

UPDATE ON PRICE:

I asked Jacob if it will cost much more than $640, he said, "Nope!"

20tneo8.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by BiG StroOnZ

No point in blurring your name out. It's public because I saw it earlier. :P

It will be 700+.

700USD for a reference card is a bit much. Hopefully it is like a FTW+.

Unless you being silly.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

700USD for a reference card is a bit much. Hopefully it is like a FTW+.

Unless you being silly.

ftw is 725

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

That's awesome, I still think it would be cool if they implemented it into the reference blower design.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

That's awesome, I still think it would be cool if they implemented it into the reference blower design.

It would look nicer with the reference cooler, but I think it would cost a lot more to modify it to fit the AIO therefore that's why EVGA used their version of a reference cooler instead. 

You can buy a R9 390X at that price...

Where? I'm pretty sure you can't buy them yet unless you know certain people.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

They are coming soon.

If it really will be 700 dollars, why not just use the money you save on a normal 980 by putting it toward watercooling your system?

If it really will be 700 dollars, why not just use the money you save on a normal 980 by putting it toward watercooling your system?

I don't see how it can cost $700 or even understand where you arrived at that number. You can get a 120MM AIO Watercooler for around $50. A GTX 980 retails for $550. Throw in $50 for the watercooler you are at $600. Tack on an extra $40 because of higher clock speeds and the concept itself you are at $640. Even if they used an AIO cooler at the level of an H80i, that still is only $90. So $90 + $550 = $640. I can't see this costing as much as a 980 Classified which is $700 and will overclock on Air to 1600MHz. EVGA doesn't really have any 980 products in between $630 and $700. So I imagine this has to be priced somewhere around there to fill in the gap. So maybe like $650 at most. 

They are coming soon.

490x is also coming soon. As well as 590x, maybe even 690x.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

490x is also coming soon. As well as 590x, maybe even 690x.

Coming soon means soon enough to warrant a wait. Arctic Islands won't be launched until next year.

FTW is $579

only in the united states of cheap gpus

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Yea, it's BS to say "coming soon" and "same price" when you have neither a launch date or launch price. For people buying NOW, they're not gonna wait.

Unless he's got a internal order guide and launch information he's not sharing with us...

You can buy a R9 390X at that price...

How much are they? Link to store?

Yea, it's BS to say "coming soon" and "same price" when you have neither a launch date or launch price. For people buying NOW, they're not gonna wait.

Unless he's got a internal order guide and launch information he's not sharing with us...

How much are they? Link to store?

Don't need to provide pricing or links (you can't buy it yet so why even bother asking). The post was to be taken figuratively tho it seems Nvidia "enthusiasts" like to interpret any AMD based input as ultimately negative. Point blank this card's not worth the investment as it certainly doesn't reflect its value. Especially when you can go buy a GTX 980, H50 and Kraken G10 for $100 cheaper. The R9 390X reference is like buying a Cadillac to take to the drag strip when you should of just spent the same money on a Cobra. Hell you can SLI GTX 970's for the same price and still crush this card even once overclocked.

Don't need to provide pricing or links (you can't buy it yet so why even bother asking). The post was to be taken figuratively tho it seems Nvidia "enthusiasts" like to interpret any AMD based input as ultimately negative. Point blank this card's not worth the investment as it certainly doesn't reflect its value. Especially when you can go buy a GTX 980, H50 and Kraken G10 for $100 cheaper. The R9 390X reference is like buying a Cadillac to take to the drag strip when you should of just spent the same money on a Cobra. Hell you can SLI GTX 970's for the same price and still crush this card even once overclocked.

Well, firstly, there is no price on this card and their hasn't been a rumored price either. So how the heck did you arrive at $100 cheaper than a 980 + H50 + Kraken G10 (that combination costs $640) or costs as much as an R9 390X (a card we have no price on either). 

Well, firstly, there is no price on this card and their hasn't been a rumored price either. So how the heck did you arrive at $100 cheaper than a 980 + H50 + Kraken G10 or costs as much as an R9 390X (a card we have no price on either). 

Rumored price is marked at $700+ on the first page of the thread. So I'll base my speculation off that. Tho even at $650 personally the card doesn't hold its value.

Rumored price is marked at $750 on the first page of the thread. Which seems perfectly suitable seeing as how the classified is already $700.

There is no rumored price anywhere on the first page of the thread. Someone said $700+ then someone said that is too much it should cost as much as a FTW+. Someone from outside the US said the FTW costs $725. I corrected that person and said that card costs $579. 

Then I myself broke down exactly how much it would cost to make this card and I arrived at $640-650. So nobody actually arrived at $750 except you, and one other person who just randomly blabbed out $700+ without any basis for their claimed price.

So like I said, there is no actual rumored price from any reliable source anywhere. The classified costs $700 because it is a custom PCB card with an entirely revised power delivery system, multiple bioses, and highly overclockable. These cards cost that much because they overclock to the moon even on Air. It would make absolutely no sense for EVGA to charge $750 for this card, that is on a stock PCB, with a reference cooler and a watercooler for $750 because nobody would buy it. On top of that it costs $640 to do this yourself (GTX 980 + Corsair H50 + NZXT Kraken G10 bracket). So if anything, it will cost a little more than what it costs to do it yourself. Which is why I arrived at $650. But somehow you arrived at a $100 more than that. Which I think is absurd.

There is no rumored price anywhere on the first page of the thread. Someone said $700+ then someone said that is too much it should costs as much as a FTW+. Someone from outside the US said the FTW costs $725. I corrected that person and said that card costs $579. 

i said 725 euros, so $780 :P