ultra wide or dual monitors?

lukky211111
Go to solution Solved by SeanBond,

what monitor do you use? and do you recomend it?

Lg25um64-s is what I currently have. I had the lg29um65 which has the same panel. Both amazing ips color and latency is quite low. I came from a 1ms grey to grey asus gaming monitor and the latency is very very low, only noticeable if I push my eyes up to the monitor and do rapid latency test movements. I don't believe it effects my gaming in any way negative, in fact I would say it benifits me to see so much more than everyone on 16:9 displays. I can see people off on the sides much easier giving me better ability in online games. It's not as hard to run as 2560x1440 but slightly more than it sounds because you actually see more than 21:9 because more objects are being rendered. And I recommend both of those monitors, the reason I downsized was mainly because of desk space and I didn't think $150 justified the 4 inches on the bigger brother for the 29" version. 

hmmm thats interesting i may just get a regular ips panel for now then get an ultrawide for my pc and then use the ips for my ps4.(granted both are ips panels)

If linus didn't get it working right I am sure he would have said something. However you can't run 16:9 twice on a 21:9. so it wouldn't work right with two sources in the way that you were originally thinking. So you might just want to get a 21:9 for your pc and a cheapo ips for your ps4.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Just find something decent used off of craigslist, or just change input selection to run pc and console fullscreen.

nah the idea is im gonna have to buy an asus 23 inch ips panel and when i upgrade ill use that for my ps4 monitor.

I actually used a 23" asus for my ps3 monitor for a while back in 2013, it's was my asus vx238, even though it was tn the colors and latency were great compared to any tv.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I actually used a 23" asus for my ps3 monitor for a while back in 2013, it's was my asus vx238, even though it was tn the colors and latency were great compared to any tv.

anything is usually better then tv's well cant say that too much these days cuz of how well the tech is coming along....we live ina  marvelous time to be watching all these new displays coming about im quite pelased to see such things.

askdjfasdf

anything is usually better then tv's well cant say that too much these days cuz of how well the tech is coming along....we live ina  marvelous time to be watching all these new displays coming about im quite pelased to see such things.

I hope I have been helpful and you will be please with the monitor you choose. I am off to sleepy land now.

Just find something decent used off of craigslist, or just change input selection to run pc and console fullscreen.

I hope I have been helpful and you will be please with the monitor you choose. I am off to sleepy land now.

you both have been helpful! thank you both very much!

askdjfasdf

I had been having trouble deciding on this too, but I have finally decided on the LG 34UM95 because I know it'll be great for videography of which is my main hobby, but I'll definitely be doing some gaming on it as well, who could resist not to? :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator