how good is this motherboard?

It's the one I have, pretty average.  Haven't had any issues with it though and I like the color.

Yeah, pick one of those up while it's on sale. Not bad, built in video/audio with a nice chipset. Kinda glad I stumbled upon this thread, I may just get one because it's on sale...

This motherboard's actual list price is $110, not $230, so don't get too excited :P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130779

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Looks decent!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Okay board.  Depends on that you need it to do.  You're limited to fan control on the two 4 pin CPU headers and the one remaining 4 pin "system" fan header.  The other 2 3 pins don't allow voltage control.  MSI software (command center) while better than it use to be still isn't great.  I've had problems with mine (that just recently came back, not sure if it was the BIOS update or the new CPU) that while my overclock is 24 hour stress test  stable upon reboots it will reset and hang on the BIOS screen telling me my overclock failed.  This require me to hit f1, load into the UEFI and hit f10 to to save and exit (loading my overclock profile) and it will boot up normally.

this is your other choice in extreme budget Z97 boards...both this or the MSI PC mate will get the job done, even overclocking...but both can only run 1 high-end GPU

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-Z97ANVS&c=CJ

They are equivalent but the MSI board has a nicer UEFI, i would go with the MSI from Amazon personally

Or if you are willing to fill and send a 25$ mail-in-rebate form you could look at this one here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157501&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR