Need some hard drive help!

UniversalBacon

I am currently building a gaming pc (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/H3RpJx).  It's built for upgrading in the future, but i still can't decide on the storage for my system.  The BASE TOTAL cannot exceed $760.  I'd like a reliable Western Digital 1TB hard drive, but should i get black, blue, or green?  Should i try to get an ssd?  HELP!

Will the blue run my games well?  

Blacks are better for games for the speed. Blue are used as general drives but, yes is your answer but a little slower than the black. 

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Hi there @UniversalBacon!

There's a difference in the purpose these three HDDs are designed for.

The Black is meant for performance and will give you faster loading times, and it also has 5 years limited warranty. Since you want a gaming drive, I would recommend you this one as well.

As for the other two drives, WD Blue is meant for everyday computing - very good drive with solid performance and typical power consumption. The Green drives are energy efficient, secondary storage designed HDDs. The main benefit is that they save power and wear by spinning down when they can, this means they're basically best for things like backup drives which are only in use periodically.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! :)

If this post helped you, please like and choose it as a best answer.   :)
http://www.wdc.com/en/

Blacks are better for games for the speed. Blue are used as general drives but, yes is your answer but a little slower than the black.

The only difference is the load times, I've got a black for gaming and I r8 8/8 m8

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

If you can't exceed the $760 I'd get a 1TB WD Black Caviar. You won't be able to afford a big enough SSD to install many games on it with less than $100. If you had a slightly bigger budget I'd go for an SSD to install the OS on, paired with a 1 or 2 TB HDD to install the games and store everything else you need on.