Noctua Fans

Nosfy

Hey.

Anyone know the the brown bits can be removed and painted?

I understand these fans are very good but the colour scheme is off putting to me.

post-130253-0-00380300-1426690485.jpg

post-130253-0-00380300-1426690485.jpg

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

They are made out of rubber, You wont be painting them and have it look good.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

You can remove them, whether you want to paint them is another matter. 

https://youtu.be/ME4vUO2T-48?t=6m19s

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

They can be removed. Most paints will flake though.

Try removing them and mounting by the method of rubber screw replacements. Does the same job.

If your mounting in a fashion that will cause the fan to make contact with something metal, use a foam fan isolation gromet that runs the entire outside of the fan.

Entirely black noctua fans with isolation made easy.

They can be taken off, they just have pins that stick through the plastic housing. Thing is, those noise dampers are made our of rubber, so painting would do them no good.

EDIT: Don't Noctua fans come with adhesive rubber strips for noise damping? They were provided with my CPU cooler and I also used them on some case fans.

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Unless you paint them with Palstidip (rubber paint) then it's not gonna turn out well. Just buy a normal Noctua fan and pull out the motor/blades. Then go DIY and spray paint it. These industrial fans are damn loud.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

They can be taken off, they just have pins that stick through the plastic housing. Thing is, those noise dampers are made our of rubber, so painting would do them no good.

Yeah if they are rubber that wont work. I want to add sort some of white into it. (Black & White theme).

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Unless you paint them with Palstidip (rubber paint) then it's not gonna turn out well. Just buy a normal Noctua fan and pull out the motor/blades. Then go DIY and spray paint it. These industrial fans are damn loud.

Sounds like a good idea. How easy is that to do?

Dont know; never have tried it :P

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

You need to be able to properly use a spraycan or have some compressor with paint attachment. Any dripping or uneven spread of paint leads to imbalance in the blade and create extra noise and wear.

As far as I know, the rubber parts are only used for noise dampening.  They could be removed entirely, but your machine will be loud.  Someone mentioned the rubber screw replacements, and I believe that is your best bet.

Processor Intel Core i5-4690K CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 RAM 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case NZXT Phantom (Black) PSU Corsair CX600M Operating System Windows 10 Monitor BenQ GL2760H Headset Skullcandy PLYR 1 & Sennheiser Momentum

You need to be able to properly use a spraycan or have some compressor with paint attachment. Any dripping or uneven spread of paint leads to imbalance in the blade and create extra noise and wear.

I honed my graffiti skill in the hood so will be ok. :P

EDIT: Don't Noctua fans come with adhesive rubber strips for noise damping? They were provided with my CPU cooler and I also used them on some case fans.

The strips are for heatsinks and aren't relevant for the fans with rubber corners. 

They could be removed entirely, but your machine will be loud.  

Noctuas don't vibrate that much--the rubber corners shouldn't make the difference between quiet and loud. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.