Performance of my computer

Hi, good people at Linus forum, I have a question for all of you.

I bought a GTX 960 SSC Edition last week, but my question is, what is going to be the effect on my system, and is it enough?
​Because, I have that GPU but besides that, my entire Hardware sucks.

For information I have this Hardware:

Mobo: MSI H61M- P31 G3 (DDR3)

RAM: 3 GB of RAM

CPU: Intel Celeron G530 @ 2.40 Ghz

​I've seen many improvements on Gaming and stuff, but I want to know how it works, and if only the GPU can handle all... Thanks.

Define bottleneck

That CPU is ridiculously slow.

3GB of RAM isn't going to cut it.

Is it enough? I doubt you'll be playing games at good FPS, unless you're playing TF2 or minecraft, where you'll still suffer from that CPU and such little RAM. 

if you have improvements on gaming that's about it, but man you could use a new CPU, Mobo, and more ram

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

i look at ebay for LGA1155 CPUs like the i5 CPU at least

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Hi, good people at Linus forum, I have a question for all of you.

I bought a GTX 960 SSC Edition last week, but my question is, what is going to be the effect on my system, and is it enough?

For information I have this Hardware:

Mobo: MSI H61M- P31 G3 (DDR3)

RAM: 3 GB of RAM

CPU: Intel Celeron G530 @ 2.40 Ghz

​I've seen many improvements on Gaming and stuff, but I want to know how it works, and if only the GPU can handle all... Thanks.

your performance on gaming and HD video rendering is probably greatly improved, but you'll see a similar improvement whenever you upgrade your CPU(and therefore probably the motherboard and RAM.

most of what you do is definitely held back by your CPU, considering that is a pretty good, and new GPU

a recommended upgrade for the future would be a haswell I3(or newer equivelant if it's later on). paired with a H87, H97, or B85 would be a great combo.

if you do upgrade, the last thing I'd do is upgrade your memory to 8gb, using either two 4gb sticks or 4 2gb sticks. 

These are the lowest components I would recommend getting, though I would personally get an i3 instead.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($74.65 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($50.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $178.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-16 23:21 EDT-0400

I would get this for a little more because it is slightly better and you could upgrade to an i5 or xeon later.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($103.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($42.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $199.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-16 23:22 EDT-0400

There is quite a bottleneck going on. I would look into getting a second-hand CPU to upgrade, a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge i5. Would also upgrade RAM as 3GB really isn't enough for demanding stuff nowadays.

"Rawr XD"

These are the lowest components I would recommend getting, though I would personally get an i3 instead.

Honestly it's going to be more cheaper for OP to get one of these instead of a whole new CPU+mobo, and it would also provide more performance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Quad-Core-i5-2400-3-1GHz-6MB-5GT-s-SR00Q-LGA1155-Desktop-CPU-Processor-/291406105851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d9284cfb

"Rawr XD"

Honestly it's going to be more cheaper for OP to get one of these instead of a whole new CPU+mobo, and it would also provide more performance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Quad-Core-i5-2400-3-1GHz-6MB-5GT-s-SR00Q-LGA1155-Desktop-CPU-Processor-/291406105851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d9284cfb

That would also require a more expensive mobo. In total it is around $50 more expensive. I was just trying to give the cheapest good value new items.

That would also require a more expensive mobo. In total it is around $50 more expensive. I was just trying to give the cheapest good value new items.

OP already has a mobo compatible with that CPU.

"Rawr XD"