Can I repair my K60 easily?

Tim Drake
Go to solution Solved by Bittenfleax,

I have nothing like that :/

Is there any videos on how to unsolder the switch? I want to do it right

Yeah, it seems simple (kinda) this video is what I thought it would be like: 

Just literally de-solder the back from it and remove the switch. 

Small hand tools are much cheaper than a soldering iron.  Seriously, it should be like $5 compared to like $30 for a soldering iron.

I am looking to do it without buying anything.

I seriously feel like the only way is to unsolder it.. Ugh

Yeah, but there is a greater risk? Like what @kuhchuk said, it is cheaper to get a little tool than a soldering iron. (as well as solder if you have not got any)

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Yeah, but there is a greater risk? Like what @kuhchuk said, it is cheaper to get a little tool than a soldering iron. (as well as solder if you have not got any)

I'm pretty sure my keyboard is plate mounted meaning it needs to be unsoldered. I hate my life T_T

I seriously feel like the only way is to unsolder it.. Ugh

I'd say that's the best way to go about it.  Besides, it'll teach you a useful skill.  I used my soldering skills to build my own keyboard, and I can customize it to my heart's content.

I'm assuming you're probably young and don't have a job or much spending money, but I'd say it's a worthwhile investment.

I'm pretty sure my keyboard is plate mounted meaning it needs to be unsoldered. I hate my life T_T

Try it? If you trust yourself  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

I'd say that's the best way to go about it.  Besides, it'll teach you a useful skill.  I used my soldering skills to build my own keyboard, and I can customize it to my heart's content.

I'm assuming you're probably young and don't have a job or much spending money, but I'd say it's a worthwhile investment.

I already know how to solder..

Yeah i'm 16 and get paid for going to further education but half of it goes instantly towards travel.

Try it? If you trust yourself  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Can't really afford a soldering iron atm..

It seems whenever I push the switch down, it gets stuck on the spacebar and won't stop with the spaces.

What does this mean?

Can't really afford a soldering iron atm..

It seems whenever I push the switch down, it gets stuck on the spacebar and won't stop with the spaces.

What does this mean?

Something is stuck underneath the switch? Try my method of flushing it out with a non-conductive liquid? 

I don't have any :(

Hmmm, try distilled water? (aka, boil some water and use that. wait for it to dry obviously. It will just take longer to dry than alcohol) 

Hmmm, try distilled water? (aka, boil some water and use that. wait for it to dry obviously. It will just take longer to dry than alcohol) 

Eh, i'll do that tonight :)

Just kind of pour it over the switch?

I think I broke it trying to fix it :P

I semi fixed the keycap but switch is still broke obv

Eh, i'll do that tonight :)

Just kind of pour it over the switch?

I think I broke it trying to fix it :P

Haha, if you can (or have) use a needle or something to direct the water underneath the switch then shake it loads to the and unsettle the thing under it then let it dry. 

Good luck  :lol:

Haha, if you can (or have) use a needle or something to direct the water underneath the switch then shake it loads to the and unsettle the thing under it then let it dry. 

Good luck  :lol:

Yeah, it seems simple (kinda) this video is what I thought it would be like: 

Just literally de-solder the back from it and remove the switch.