R9 300 Series vs GTX 970 vs GTX 980

Carithus
Go to solution Solved by Fulgrim,

R9 290 / GTX 970 is the best "bang for buck" option right now.

However i would recommend waiting for the R9 3xx series to be released, and see some benchmarks done.

Hi everyone,

So I'm currently planning to make a new build, but I'm unsure of which graphics card to get.

Which one would be the best bang for the buck?

Hi everyone,

So I'm currently planning to make a new build, but I'm unsure of which graphics card to get.

Which one would be the best bang for the buck?

Wait for the r9 300 series. We don't know how they are going to perform and thus we don't know if they are going to be worth it for the money (most probably they will).

As David said, wait if you can. There's no confirmed numbers, there's some rumoured figures that put it higher than the Titan X but again, those of RUMOURED figures and they should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Wait if you can. If you cant get GTX 970.

Personaly I would wait and see as the day of relase for 300 series is not so far away (hopefully).

R9 290 / GTX 970 is the best "bang for buck" option right now.

However i would recommend waiting for the R9 3xx series to be released, and see some benchmarks done.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I would wait for the 300 series.  I am not a fan of Team red.  However we don't know what they are bringing to the table yet so it may well be a good option to consider.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

+1 for waiting, if the rumors are true (and it's looking like they are) about the 390x having 8Gb of HBM memory then it could be very interesting. 

Heyyo,

Indeed. Have a little patience. It could pay off big in the long run. ;)

AMD totally have the potential to have another solid GPU like their AMD R9 290... it's just a matter of seeing what they do with their Tonga architecture and if any/all of the interesting rumors end up being true.

Odds are too with the death of GPU cryptocoin mining? When the AMD R9 390 comes out? It will be in stock too. :P

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case