Worth buying a camera for?

RevoltTrain

So, my friend and I want to start a series where we just smash stuff with hammers just to have some fun with it. Worth investing in a camera for it?

First video of series (Accidentally filmed vertically)

LeKnightHawk is the other teen in the video :D

TL:DR Is it worth buying a decent camera for a series of smashing stuff because of reasons

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Do you have a smartphone? if you do, use that.

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: GTX Asus 760 CASE: Zalman Z11 Blue COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 STORAGE: 2TB Toshiba Hard Drive 120 GB SSD

The fact that you are questioning it may be your answer.

The fact that you are questioning it may be your answer.

I'm asking if this quality is good enough. Considering I don't really watch many videos filmed IRL other than tech videos

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

No. The least you can do is learn to orientate the camera the right way though.

I realized the problem half way through filming. But turning the camera then would have made the rest of the video sideways

No. The least you can do is learn to orientate the camera the right way though.

I realized it was being filmed vertically after he took his first hit, but switching it at that point would have made the whole video funky. So we dealt with it.

I realized the problem half way through filming. But turning the camera then would have made the rest of the video sideways

not good enough :P

not but seriously a camera phone should be fine, some even have decent slow motion!

I have a tripod adapter for my iPhone 6 and using a proper fluid head really gives decent video

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well roosterteeth film a few of their shows with their phones, so I guess you can start with that and eventually buy a good camera, use a tripod or something like that, a shaky camera is the worse D:

Update, I have obtained a D700 with the AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm 1:2.8G ED VR II lens for us to shoot videos of all types with.

nah the camera you are using is good enough in good light but if i do say so 

a94.jpg

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

a phone should be good enough, unless you are planning to go more serious and/or want big slomo

I have a tripod adapter for my iPhone 6 and using a proper fluid head really gives decent video

damn, video adict much?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Update, I have obtained a D700 with the AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm 1:2.8G ED VR II lens for us to shoot videos of all types with.

The Nikon D700 can't shoot video. You'll need a newer generation Nikon camera (D90, D3100+, D5100+, D7000+, D600+, D750, D800+, D4+) (+ referring to newer model of the same lineup)

I would also suggest safety gear...mainly shoes...and probably goggles...gloves too. Safety first :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

The Nikon D700 can't shoot video. You'll need a newer generation Nikon camera (D90, D3100+, D5100+, D7000+, D600+, D750, D800+, D4+) (+ referring to newer model of the same lineup)

I would also suggest safety gear...mainly shoes...and probably goggles...gloves too. Safety first :)

The D700 can shoot video. I literally just shot some 720p 60fps video less than an hour ago.

EDIT:

We didn't plan on filming thus the lack of safety equipment and shoes. haha 

thank you though.

damn, video adict much?

Well I have other cameras haha, but the iPhone takes really good video tbh, its just horrible when hand held with it being so small (except the 6+ with OIS)

On a good video tripod it actually looks REALLY nice (see the bentley advert filmed on one)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii