Help me choosing parts

Need help choosing parts for my first gaming pc.

1. Budget : $1700

2. Want i7 5820k <- must have

3. Want Corsair H100i

4. Want bright white LED strip with 3 140mm white LED fans

5. A fan splitter

6. Can be lower than $1700 but no more

7. For gaming, have single 1080p monitor (144hz)

8. Play high end game at ultra setting, also record gameplay (1080p 60fps)

9. I just need around 70 to 90 fps while recording in Battlefiled 4

Need help choosing parts for my first gaming pc.

1. Budget : $1700

2. Want i7 5820k <- must have

3. Want Corsair H100i

4. Want bright white LED strip with 3 140mm white LED fans

5. A fan splitter

6. Can be lower than $1700 but no more

7. For gaming, have single 1080p monitor (144hz)

8. Play high end game at ultra setting, also record gameplay (1080p 60fps)

9. I just need around 70 to 90 fps while recording in Battlefiled 4

Are you sure you want the i7 5820k? If you are gaming I reccomend getting an i5 4690k. You save a lot of money and get literally the same performance in games, with the saved money you can get much more graphics horsepower.

Are you sure you want the i7 5820k? If you are gaming I reccomend getting an i5 4690k. You save a lot of money and get literally the same performance in games, with the saved money you can get much more graphics horsepower.

I agree!

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

probably streaming and rendering + video editing

probably streaming and rendering + video editing

He didn't mention those things. All he said was that he was gaming and recording. And even then an i7 4790k would be still more than enough.

He didn't mention those things. All he said was that he was gaming and recording. And even then an i7 4790k would be still more than enough.

he did say recording BF4, well doesn't matter, and i totally agree on i7 4790k

I con help you with a couple of things. 1) Get the newer H100i GTX or H110i GT. 2) The Fractal Design Define R5 is a great silent choice along with the NZXT H440. The Corsair 760t or 780t have more bling and better cooling, but aren't nearly as silent, are more expensive, but have more bling if you are looking for that. 3) Look at ASUS's X99 series and pick one with the features you need. The X99-A (you can get the one with USB 3.1 soon or now, not sure) offers great value with still great features. 4) The Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 or 970 are great choices. The 970 will allow you to play at 1440p above 50 fps at nearly max settings on most games and even more, or well over 100 fps at max settings at 1080p. 5) Corsair AF140 LED fans and Link lighting node with LED strips should take care of the lighting 6) 8 or 16 GB or RAM (whichever your budget allows) from G.Skill, Crucial, Corsair, Adata, or HyperX. 7) How much storage do you need? If you let me know, I can give you some solid choices

You really don't need a 5820K unless you plan on venturing on to content creation

Get a 4770 or a 4790 with a GTX 980 and you're good to go

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

You really don't need a 5820K unless you plan on venturing on to content creation

Get an unlocked k version if you are overclocking, and just go with the 4790, it is newer. you really only need a 4690 for just gaming and other moderate programs. The 970 also provides much more bang for the buck, since they are only gaming at 1080p. BTW Brandon love the signature! How did you do that?

Just putting this out there that the Xeon 1230 V3 and its variants perform very similar to the locked Haswell i7s but do not have integrated graphics. They can generally be found for $40-$60 (prices in US) less compared to an i7.

Get an unlocked k version if you are overclocking, and just go with the 4790, it is newer. you really only need a 4690 for just gaming and other moderate programs. The 970 also provides much more bang for the buck, since they are only gaming at 1080p. BTW Brandon love the signature! How did you do that?

Depends on if he's going to overclock it to begin with, I personally find OC'ing a 4770 or 4790 is pointless unless you REALLY need that extra oomph.

And well, I recommended the 980 due to his budget

And it's pretty simple lol, it's just bold text with a separator

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

Just putting this out there that the Xeon 1230 V3 and its variants perform very similar to the locked Haswell i7s but do not have integrated graphics. They can generally be found for $40-$60 (prices in US) less compared to an i7.

Most people who don't really know about these things tend to be skeptical about using Xeons, I have an E3 1220 V2 in my backup PC and it's pretty decent, less overall heat output as it lacks integrated graphics, price doesn't seem to be an issue here so he can easily go for a 4770K or a 4790K

Most people who don't really know about these things tend to be skeptical about using Xeons, I have an E3 1220 V2 in my backup PC and it's pretty decent, less overall heat output as it lacks integrated graphics, price doesn't seem to be an issue here so he can easily go for a 4770K or a 4790K

The 1220 V2 lacks hyper threading and would be essentially worse than an i5 (marginally) in a gaming pc.

The 1220 V2 lacks hyper threading and would be essentially worse than an i5 (marginally) in a gaming pc.

It's good enough as a backup system for me

Also that depends on the model of the i5, would be pointless drawing a comparison to an unlocked i5

I want it cause I like it :P

I can't handle i5 cause I received a broken one before

I want it cause I like it :P

I can't handle i5 cause I received a broken one before

Doesn't mean you'd receive another....

I con help you with a couple of things. 1) Get the newer H100i GTX or H110i GT. 2) The Fractal Design Define R5 is a great silent choice along with the NZXT H440. The Corsair 760t or 780t have more bling and better cooling, but aren't nearly as silent, are more expensive, but have more bling if you are looking for that. 3) Look at ASUS's X99 series and pick one with the features you need. The X99-A (you can get the one with USB 3.1 soon or now, not sure) offers great value with still great features. 4) The Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 or 970 are great choices. The 970 will allow you to play at 1440p above 50 fps at nearly max settings on most games and even more, or well over 100 fps at max settings at 1080p. 5) Corsair AF140 LED fans and Link lighting node with LED strips should take care of the lighting 6) 8 or 16 GB or RAM (whichever your budget allows) from G.Skill, Crucial, Corsair, Adata, or HyperX. 7) How much storage do you need? If you let me know, I can give you some solid choices

A GTX 970 won't give you 100 fps on every game at 1080p with max settings.