What do you think of this build?

RobDaBoss

NZXT H440

Asus Maximas Vii Formula

Intel i7 4790k

Asus Strix Gtx 980

Samsung 850 Pro 256gb

Seagate 7200rpm 2tb

Evga 1000w (I know it's overkill but I plan to eventually by another gtx 980)

5x Corsair Sp 120

1x Corsair Af 140

Bitfenix Alchemy LED Strip

Thanks for you feedback!

Don't forget to buy some ram(8/16 gb, speed does not matter in games, but in video editing it does), but the rest looks just fine for me. Maybe think about buying a cpu cooler, too, because with the stock one you can't overclock.

I like all of it next the corsair fans. A couple years back I'd have no issues, but corsair latest fans are anything but quiet. Running at really reduced speed my single corsair sp 120 overpowers both cheapo tt fans on my aio which usually run at near max speed on rendering. Perhaps with anti vibration mounts and tucked behind some foam they could be quiet, but w/o any of that their just too darn loud. They look amazing, and perform seriously well, but that noise...

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Don't forget to buy some ram(8/16 gb, speed does not matter in games, but in video editing it does), but the rest looks just fine for me. Maybe think about buying a cpu cooler, too, because with the stock one you can't overclock.

Sorry I forgot to mention Im geting a Corsair h105 and 16gb of corsair vengeance pro 2400

Sorry I forgot to mention Im geting a Corsair h105 and 16gb of corsair vengeance pro 2400

Np,  I just wanted to make shure that you don't forget something. Both parts are a good choice.

I agree with the points made on the i5 and the unnecessary case fans. You could go with a quality 750W PSU for 980 sli easily, 1000W is overkill and really is a waste of money. Personally I wouldn't spend $300 or so on a Z97 motherboard which doesn't offer many benefits from a Z97 around $140 asides from aesthetics and custom loop (not AIOs like the h105) water cooling support.

I like all of it next the corsair fans. A couple years back I'd have no issues, but corsair latest fans are anything but quiet. Running at really reduced speed my single corsair sp 120 overpowers both cheapo tt fans on my aio which usually run at near max speed on rendering. Perhaps with anti vibration mounts and tucked behind some foam they could be quiet, but w/o any of that their just too darn loud. They look amazing, and perform seriously well, but that noise...

Maybe I should get the quiet edition of the corsair fans? 

I agree with the points made on the i5 and the unnecessary case fans. You could go with a quality 750W PSU for 980 sli easily, 1000W is overkill and really is a waste of money. Personally I wouldn't spend $300 or so on a Z97 motherboard which doesn't offer many benefits from a Z97 around $140 asides from aesthetics and custom loop (not AIOs like the h105) water cooling support.

Maybe I should get the quiet edition of the corsair fans? And the motherboard just looks so cool i have to get it, but do you know any other motherboards that look cool? Thanks for the advice on the power supply.