If the Macbook included a hub in the power cable

JohnnyFALLEN

Would everyone be more open to the one port concept on the Macbook if Apple had included a hub in the power adapter? I don't know about everyone else, but I always bring my power cable with me whenever I bring my laptop anywhere. This would have been a interesting solution. I feel if apple played as big a part in the development of USB C as they are rumored to they may have purposely went with just the one port to show off its versatility as well.

Yes, they should do that.

wtf so then you would need to plug in your USB drives and peripherals 2m away from the computer?

?????

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The problem that I have with it, is that it was totally possible for them to put 2 usb c ports or more on the thing, and they just decided not to. To your suggestions though, that would make it more bulky and less sleek, so I don't think it would happen.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

wtf so then you would need to plug in your USB drives and peripherals 2m away from the computer?

?????

Exactly what I was thinking

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

?????

I think it would be a better solution than different adapters if you always carry your power cord with you. It gives you the io flexibility when you need it.

But then you could be killing your battery if you need to use headphones etc... , since overcharging would occur.

I just felt like I needed somthing here

But then you could be killing your battery if you need to use headphones etc... , since overcharging would occur.

the macbook has a headphone port so you are good on that front and the hub could always be a passive.

I think it would be a better solution than different adapters if you always carry your power cord with you. It gives you the io flexibility when you need it.

or they could PUT THE FREAKING PORTS ON THE COMPUTER, no? :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Would everyone be more open to the one port concept on the Macbook if Apple had included a hub in the power adapter? I don't know about everyone else, but I always bring my power cable with me whenever I bring my laptop anywhere. This would have been a interesting solution. I feel if apple played as big a part in the development of USB C as they are rumored to they may have purposely went with just the one port to show off its versatility as well.

I was saying from the beginning, that I would only buy it if the power adapter had a type C port on it, so I could plug my displayport adapter and my USB hub for my keyboard, mouse, DAC, and my network adapter.

or they could PUT THE FREAKING PORTS ON THE COMPUTER, no? :)

I agree, but I really think their motive was a push for all things wireless and to show off the versatility of usb c.

They should, they could,

but they didn't, they won't, and they'd laugh at the idea more than likely.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I agree, but I really think their motive was a push for all things wireless and to show off the versatility of usb c.

except USB c is not wireless

Spoiler

Honestly I think it is a better idea than having to have a hub but still short of the ports that should be there. I say that because you'd have to attach the power cord to use your usb hub. Which isn't easy if you're doing that on a school desk, bus, train, plane, etc. The main conflicts I have in mind here are a mouse and a thumbdrive.

except USB c is not wireless

I know usb c isn't wireless. from their webpage I feel they want you to connect devices to your computer wirelessly.