opinions on this build?

ultralars

So i am going to build my first computer somewhere around summer? maybe christmas

even tough its a while till i am going to build it, i decided to pick out some parts, just for fun. these are what i ended up with:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($553.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card  ($549.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  ($15.89 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Eizo FS2434-BK 60Hz 23.8" Monitor  ($387.99 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($155.70 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2389.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-13 20:38 EDT-0400

what are your opinions on this build? 

get better memory like g skill (i mean 4 x 4gb)

get a evga card?

nzxt phantom 230 is a old case might want to look for something new

a lg asus or benq monitor 

but that was just nit picking for problems

overall nice build u will overkill almost every game 1440p 

i give u a tumbs up

Only complaint that hasn't been covered. Don't get 3TB drives. I don't know what is about them. But they always die quicker then like a 2TB or 4TB.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

get better memory like g skill (i mean 4 x 4gb)

get a evga card?

nzxt phantom 230 is a old case might want to look for something new

a lg asus or benq monitor 

but that was just nit picking for problems

overall nice build u will overkill almost every game 1440p 

i give u a tumbs up

Oh, i was under the impression it was better to have 2 than more ram sticks?

Why evga instead of MSI? i heard the MSI card delivers pretty quiet performance 

i¨ll look for a newer one, i dont know much about cases. i just choose one that seemed large enough, looked good and had good reviews :) 

You don't think that monitor is good? Its an IPS, which as far as i know should mean good colors and excellent viewing angels, its 1080 which means my computer will stay powerful for longer(70% less pixels than 1440), its 60 hz which its perfectly fine for me. also eizo is said to be a good brand when it comes to monitors and this one seems to be designed for gaming and has gained good( but few ) reviews.

though if you know of any different monitor that would suit my needs please do share :)

Only complaint that hasn't been covered. Don't get 3TB drives. I don't know what is about them. But they always die quicker then like a 2TB or 4TB.

hmm, interesting, Thanks!

One more question, as i said, i will be building this computer later in the year. will the parts i chose now still be viable( as the price would have decreased ) or should i choose new ones at that time? or would i be wise to i wait for a specific date for said new ones to arrive? 

One more question, as i said, i will be building this computer later in the year. will the parts i chose now still be viable

No, they won't. Broadwell, Skylake, AMD's R9 300 series have been announced, pricing and parts will change.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Oh, i was under the impression it was better to have 2 than more ram sticks?

Why evga instead of MSI? i heard the MSI card delivers pretty quiet performance 

i¨ll look for a newer one, i dont know much about cases. i just choose one that seemed large enough, looked good and had good reviews :)

You don't think that monitor is good? Its an IPS, which as far as i know should mean good colors and excellent viewing angels, its 1080 which means my computer will stay powerful for longer(70% less pixels than 1440), its 60 hz which its perfectly fine for me. also eizo is said to be a good brand when it comes to monitors and this one seems to be designed for gaming and has gained good( but few ) reviews.

though if you know of any different monitor that would suit my needs please do share :)

hmm, interesting, Thanks!

One more question, as i said, i will be building this computer later in the year. will the parts i chose now still be viable( as the price would have decreased ) or should i choose new ones at that time? or would i be wise to i wait for a specific date for said new ones to arrive? 

I suggest going over your parts again before you go and buy it. Just to make sure nothing better/cheaper has come out.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition