Razer or Corsair

xxsancakxx

Hi, i am thinking about getting a RGB Keyboard and i dont know which one to get.

I dont know if i should get the Razer blackwidow chroma or the Corsair k95 RGB.

I had a Logitech G710+ but the cable broke and i am using a Razer blackwidow 2013 for now...

One of my friends got a logitech Spark and i really want a RGB keyboard too now but not a Logitech Spark (that keyboard sucks). Also money is not a faktor.

corsair's build quality is far superior to razer...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Do you know the different switches? Do you know which one you like?

If you like blue switches, go Razer. If you like red or brown switches, go for the Corsair.

I wouldn't listen to everyone saying the build quailty is vastly superior on the corsair side, it's better. But not because the switches last longer. They are basically the exact same. However I have seen time and time again the razer's rgb software is miles ahead of corsiar's.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Hands down Corsair, not only is the build quality far superior, so is the software. Plus it has cherry switches, its a no brainer.

Hi, i am thinking about getting a RGB Keyboard and i dont know which one to get.

I dont know if i should get the Razer blackwidow chroma or the Corsair k95 RGB.

I had a Logitech G710+ but the cable broke and i am using a Razer blackwidow 2013 for now...

One of my friends got a logitech Spark and i really want a RGB keyboard too now but not a Logitech Spark (that keyboard sucks). Also money is not a faktor.

Razer fanboy here - get Corsair, as Razer doesnt use MX keys anymore and their newer keys are mushier than MX's. The software from Corsair is crap compared to Razer's, but I perfer keys > software.

If you like blue switches, go Razer. If you like red or brown switches, go for the Corsair.

Razer doesn't use MX anymore and when they did, they offered blue and brown switches.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I recently just did a review of my corsair RGB k70 with Brown Key switches: http://www.amazon.com/review/R26W19M10NOZ0O/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

... it has the most customization I've ever seen when it comes to color led's. The Razer BlackWiddow Chroma comes close, but they have their own Green key switchess which are supposed to be better for gaming. I personally like the metal construction and media keys with included volume wheel on the Corsair keyboard...

It's too bad Corsair doesn't ship the K70 or K95 with blues anymore, it's a shame really.  They're my favorite.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

Another vote for Corsair here.  I have the RGB K95 and while the software takes a bit to learn the software in's and out's, it's not bad imo just not as intuitive to do all the fancy custom stuff.  It does, however, take up about 175MB of ram at all times while running, but that's why you build your PC with lots of RAM: so you can use stuff like this and it not impact the work/gaming you're doing.  Once I learned how to do certain things, I was making custom lighting profiles for individual games, and I like how I can set it to auto-switch profiles when I launch a particular game (configured a pretty cool red theme with actual flames flickering and such for when I play Lichdom: Battlemage, then at the desktop it switches to all blue with white fade-outs on individual key presses).

I have a Corsair RGB K70 with Cherry Reds, I love it more than the razer one I had a year ago or so.

Razer doesn't use MX anymore and when they did, they offered blue and brown switches.

I know, but we're talking about RGB here. Therefore, the only option is the Kailh version of Cherry MX Blues. And since Corsair is no longer making their RGB keyboards with blues, this simplifies things greatly.

Depends on your preference.

Do you like MX switches or the cloned MX switches?

Do you like superior led color reproduction with no media keys, matte black plastic body and their unboxing experience(you know, their boxes and documentations)? Then go with Razer.

Do you like the under glow effect of the LEDs, the high quality feel with the brass aluminum finish on the aluminum plate of the keyboard and it's media keys (especially the volume wheel)? Then go with Corsair.

And check their warranty policies and length then decide what you want.

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

Corsair if you want to stay on the safe side B)

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

why not both 

i7 4930k / Asus GTX titan / 16 gig dominator platinum / asus rampage extreme IV black edition AC4 / RM850 PSU / 512 samsung 840 pro