How to best charge up a dualshock 4 without ps4?

slayerming2

So I'm borrowing a friend's ps4 controller and was wondering how to best charge it up? I'm currently using it through bluetooth since I couldn't figure out how to use it with the usb cord. I heard that there is a iphone charger that also has a micro usb side that allows you to charge the dualshock 4 as well. But I can't find it. Any suggestions??

dafug, 

just use micro usb cord and  plug into your laptop/desktop/Ps4,

or plug into wall adapater 

Errr....

I believe the cable you're looking for is a Micro USB cable, not a Lighting connector Apple uses.

Well I have this USB cable http://imgur.com/u8SMvhH  But when I plug it into my laptop, it says the device isn't recognized. 

Well I have this USB cable http://imgur.com/u8SMvhH  But when I plug it into my laptop, it says the device isn't recognized. 

is the device on when you do this?

I know for my xbox controller it will only charge if its on when its plugged in

plug it into a usb wall socket charger, lower ampage is better. If you have a digital tv box with usb inputs or even ones on your tv would do the trick.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

dafug, 

just use micro usb cord and  plug into your laptop/desktop/Ps4,

or plug into wall adapater 

I tried plugging it into my laptop with this usb cord http://imgur.com/u8SMvhH. But it said the device wasn't recognized. But when I plug it into a wall adapter like this http://imgur.com/ybn6FNK the light doesn't light up??

is the device on when you do this?

I know for my xbox controller it will only charge if its on when its plugged in

I tried turning it on as well, it says the device isn't recognized. How do I know if the controller is being charge or not? Besides obviously testing it.

plug in laptop even if not rec it should charge

How do I know for sure if it is being charged or not? Besides testing it, cause right now I turned the controller on, plug it into laptop, was not recognized. The light is still blue.

How do I know for sure if it is being charged or not? Besides testing it, cause right now I turned the controller on, plug it into laptop, was not recognized. The light is still blue.

well if it lights up if you plug in xD

i mean you could just plug into the ps4

well if it lights up if you plug in xD

i mean you could just plug into the ps4

Uhh I turned it on before I plug it in. I don't have a ps4, just wanted to use the dualshock 4.

just connect it using the standard micro usb. you can order llong ones off amazon if you like to sit far on the couch and game while charging. 

i7 4930k / Asus GTX titan / 16 gig dominator platinum / asus rampage extreme IV black edition AC4 / RM850 PSU / 512 samsung 840 pro