Best mic for recording audio in a car?

ShadyHost

I know this is a super strange request, but I need to be able to record audio inside a car. I am starting a YouTube channel for point-of-view car test drives as I have a lot of friends who own interesting cars. This isn't some ad for my channel, I won't even say what the name is.

Basically here are my needs:

-MUST be USB

-MUST be compatible with Mac

-I need something sensitive enough to capture the exhaust sound but not be overpowered by things such as turn signals or paddle shifter clicks

-a suction cup mount would be helpful

I figure someone could tell me what type of microphone I need, then I could find one in my price range. 

Rather than do what you said in the post, could you give us a price range and let us work with that?

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I'd like to spend less than $100 USD, but if what I need is more expensive I can do that. 

I'm shooting for the cheapest option possible. I don't need audiophile quality. 

If it's going to be used with a macbook (from inside the car, presumably) Why do you need it to be USB? I'm not trying to argue with you on why, I just want to know :)

Also, you might want to get a portable recorder, and record to an SD card, then transfer it to whatever you will be using to edit audio/video. 

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/TASCAM-DR-05-Portable-Digital-Recorder/dp/B004OU2IQG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426060411&sr=8-2&keywords=handheld+recorder

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

If it's going to be used with a macbook (from inside the car, presumably) Why do you need it to be USB? I'm not trying to argue with you on why, I just want to know :)

Also, you might want to get a portable recorder, and record to an SD card, then transfer it to whatever you will be using to edit audio/video. 

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/TASCAM-DR-05-Portable-Digital-Recorder/dp/B004OU2IQG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426060411&sr=8-2&keywords=handheld+recorder

I know this is a super strange request, but I need to be able to record audio inside a car. I am starting a YouTube channel for point-of-view car test drives as I have a lot of friends who own interesting cars. This isn't some ad for my channel, I won't even say what the name is.

Basically here are my needs:

-MUST be USB

-MUST be compatible with Mac

-I need something sensitive enough to capture the exhaust sound but not be overpowered by things such as turn signals or paddle shifter clicks

-a suction cup mount would be helpful

I figure someone could tell me what type of microphone I need, then I could find one in my price range. 

I've had great experience with the DR-05 for recording, and it isn't too cumbersome recording to SD card. 

I purchased it late last year and still haven't had to replace the batteries in it. 

Mind you, the device is very sensitive, so it may pick up the majority of noises around you, but you can always edit in post.

#!