k70 or Chroma

yuyupex2

Please no haters or fanboys
Razer led dies fast bla bla bla bla

K70 <3

chroma build quality sucks

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

K70: prettier, real cherry switches, cheaper

I said no fanboy

Yeah excuse you fanboy 

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. I most definitely am not a fanboy of either company or product.

K70. Real CherryMX switches as opposed to Kaihl clones used in the Chroma. Looks subjectively better, has a better build quality, much more powerful software, but hard to learn. Chroma is nice and easy to set up and has brighter LEDs. You decide.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

K70. Real CherryMX switches as opposed to Kaihl clones used in the Chroma. Looks subjectively better, has a better build quality, much more powerful software, but hard to learn. Chroma is nice and easy to set up and has brighter LEDs. You decide.

So no dead leds?

Please no haters or fanboys

Razer led dies fast bla bla bla bla

You need to personally try out the keyboards. You might be like me, and perfer the razer keys over cherry, or you could be the other way around. Either way, that will make the biggest difference in your experience. 

Both keyboards are of equal build quality, (some people on this forum have issues with razer, I don't know why, Razer actually has quite a good rep)

**EDIT** I've not actually heard of razer led's dying faster than k70 >.> If anything, razer has the far better LEDs than any other keyboard I've seen xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

So no dead leds?

I haven't heard of either one having LED problems.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I said no fanboy

Yeah excuse you fanboy

Okay woah. This is very rude. I was going to make a suggestion but really? You ask us for a suggestion and call us fanboys after we give you our suggestion?

Like everyone else said, k70. For the switches and price mainly.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

@yuyupex2

actually. chroma has much better lighting, and the white back plate makes it pop and the software is less hassel and more compatible, issue is the onboard controllers are terrbible and the N key roll over doesnt work and the alt key functions arnt lit and no back plate or palm rest, I went through 2 chromas before returning it for a k70 and tried the k65 RGB, I tried Orion Spark as well

really corsairs is better, yes the lighting doesnt pop and the software is finicky but its much higher quality and gives you extras and the functions and customization is far more then chroma

honestly I got rid of RGB keyboards myself all together, they a very gimicky, finicky and expensive

but go with Corsair if you have to have one, you get alot more for your money plus hands down better build quality, and in that case sense your spending all that money on it already get the K95 to get the best value

unless all you care about is lights, then chroma is it

the think about the LEDs with these key boards is there is housing around the Corsairs LEDS, as to where the Chromas is exposed under the key cap leaving it more vulnerable to electro-static discharge

I own a Corsair RGB K95 and I tried out the Chroma at a local Frys, and I personally like the Cherry switches mainly because the travel distance on the Razer switches is shorter and I prefer a bit farther travel to my keys (I got the version of the K95 with browns).  I will say though that because the lights on the Cherry switches is on top vs being in the dead center, any keys with more than one line of info (number keys for example) the lower portion of the key isn't as well lit.