Dat ASUS Support Do

jamie.k.hofer

Trying to contact ASUS to tell them about a BIOS bug.... Phone line is down, chat is broken, and they never respond to tickets. I shun you ASUS.

I thought they were one of the better companies.. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Customer support is full nope.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I think that is EVGA you are thinking of. They are great!!!! The decal that has the light shinning through it (on GPU) came broken and they just sent me a new one. No questions asked.

For hardware, their support is pretty terrible.

Trying to contact ASUS to tell them about a BIOS bug.... Phone line is down, chat is broken, and they never respond to tickets. I shun you ASUS.

Their customer support is actually amazingly awesome, I broke/bent a some pins on my USB 3 header really horribly bad because my case's cable got stuck on it, I also broke a few fan headers nearby trying to remove the cable, So I drove to their office, walked in and told them what happened, they said they would repair it for free and it would take about 3 days.

It was done in 2 days, and they fixed it for free without any headaches.

Asus' customer support quality depends on the location.

For hardware, their support is pretty terrible.

I think that is EVGA you are thinking of. They are great!!!! The decal that has the light shinning through it (on GPU) came broken and they just sent me a new one. No questions asked.

0.o I had always thought that they were a good company for that... it does seem to be the case that their not... drat..

Their customer support is actually amazingly awesome, I broke/bent a some pins on my USB 3 header really horribly bad because my case's cable got stuck on it, I also broke a few fan headers nearby trying to remove the cable, So I drove to their office, walked in and told them what happened, they said they would repair it for free and it would take about 3 days.

Huh, well maybe its luck of the draw :P thankfully i haven't had a problem with one of their products yet. Hope it says that way :P

I have an ASUS laptop and I broke the power jack a few months after I bought it. I actually had no trouble getting it serviced and the new jack as survived ~3yrs. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Tomorrow will be 5 months since they received one of my GPUs for RMA, lol.  Yeah, their support sucks.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

So I drove to their office, walked in and told them what happened, they said they would repair it for free and it would take about 3 days.

Its way different if you don't have an office to drive to. Their email/phone tech support can be as bad as Microsofts, which is somewhere in between pulling your hair out and rage quitting from life. Their tech support can be good, but too many times it has been bad.

0.o I had always thought that they were a good company for that... it does seem to be the case that their not... drat..

Huh, well maybe its luck of the draw :P thankfully i haven't had a problem with one of their products yet. Hope it says that way :P

It also depends on what you need to RMA. If its a sub $50 motherboard or low end laptop then forget it. If its a $400+ motherboard or flagship GPU then they are "okay". They like to take their time with things, and they are silent for most of the process(ex: Its been 3 weeks since I have sent my mobo, where is it? *crickets*).

I have to agree that Asus support is horrible.  But that did not stop me from buying and building another Desktop with another Asus VII Hero motherboard.

I had created a support ticket that did not get answered until 2 weeks later, and then the answer was so far off the mark it was irritating.  Interestingly, I got sent an Email survey from Asus asking me to rate the support I got.  I told them and clearly identified how bad they are.  Hopefully it will do some good in the future, but meanwhile it's not good.

Also, their owner's manuals on hardware could definitely be improved.  There's so little written that users are left in the dark on many fine points that they boast about in their marketing materials.  

It's probably because they are from Asia (Taiwan) and I've found that Asians are not good communicators.  I'm not prejudiced or racial.  It's just a fact that they have not developed good communication skills.  I'm married to a gal from Hong Kong, and I've visited the Philippines, have many Asian friends, and have some knowledge regarding my opinion.

Sorry but it's 100% you

Their live chat works. Their phone works and the ticket I put in 2 hours ago has already been replied to.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Its way different if you don't have an office to drive to. Their email/phone tech support can be as bad as Microsofts, which is somewhere in between pulling your hair out and rage quitting from life. Their tech support can be good, but too many times it has been bad.

Microsoft's tech support is awesome too, I had to activate windows again after I moved to an SSD, they activated it without even asking why I am activating it.

Maybe I just get lucky? Idk

Microsoft's tech support is awesome too, I had to activate windows again after I moved to an SSD, they activated it without even asking why I am activating it.

Maybe I just get lucky? Idk

For activating Windows Microsofts tech support is great. For troubleshooting, account management, and RMA, they are next to worthless. Anytime I have a problem that I need Microsoft's help on, I just cut my losses and move on.

Sorry but it's 100% you

Their live chat works. Their phone works and the ticket I put in 2 hours ago has already been replied to.

It depends what department. Their component department is the only one I have been having troubles with.

Asus Customer Support is good???? pppfffttttttttttttt....

Last time when NVidia has "Pick Your Path", Asus didn't include the coupon inside the box due to stupid retailers here opening the box and remove the coupon to resell it (that's the sad thing about retailers here, since many retailers are doing that there are chances that you won't get a box with intact seal anywhere you'll go). There are authorised retailers listed by Asus but their location isn't really near to me...

The customer were expected to contact Asus' Customer Support for the coupon number and these retailers were not told how to contact them. So we resort on searching our own method. I opened a ticket with them and it goes unanswered for almost 3 months. I go contact their facebook pages, no answer for weeks before I give up and scrolls through their facebook pages before finding out the proper way. So, in other word the only way to know how to contact them for the coupon is to read that specific post that was only posted once. Nobody from any department will forward your request and tells you proper channel and they just act like "It's not my job". And even when I contacted them through proper channel as their post, I still don't get any answer until I go rage on their facebook page....

So, yeah.... Asus Customer Support is good? ppppffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttt.....

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

They replaced an out-of-warranty motherboard and video card for me in the past. They both got fried by a storm that killed my surge strip, then my computer. Never had a single issue with them in terms of customer support. They had me ship the items to them (and they paid for shipping), then mailed me two new items, of the exact same item number, about two weeks after the call. I swear by their customer support, and EVGA. Both have been amazing to me (but who knows, maybe I just got a good rep).

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

nothing but good for me. quickly responded to support tickets, sorry to hear.

I'm in the same tent as airdeano, Asus support has never been anything but great for me.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

It also depends on what you need to RMA. If its a sub $50 motherboard or low end laptop then forget it. If its a $400+ motherboard or flagship GPU then they are "okay". They like to take their time with things, and they are silent for most of the process(ex: Its been 3 weeks since I have sent my mobo, where is it? *crickets*).

Shame to hear it, but i guess that makes sense. So long as it gets done then i guess i cant complain. :P

U actually talked face to face in their office. Surely people not gonna be dicks on there. But online seems to be very different :)

People are just people, u can't generalize them. All are different and all have bad days so its hard to call the whole company "Great".

Good for u though. :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE