Evolve's players, please enlighten me.

IhazHedont

Hey,

This game really hooked me when I saw the first footage.

But the more the release was coming, the more people began to boycott it, then now Evolve belongs to Steam Charts' abyss.

I want to know if the game is really that bad, without talking about DLC's.

If I play it, I want to play monster only; does it worth it ?

Thanks

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

I bought the game last night and f***ing love it.
The thing with the dlc's is...every one of them is just skin customization.
There can at times be a lot of running around as the hunters....but your a hunter and that's what hunters tend to do.
Being the monster is so much fun. I am unbeaten in 5 games with Goliath...I've only played 5 as monster,

seriously though imo it's great and i will be playing it for a long time.

Easily my fav game in my library.

Edit. Just to add on, i do recommend this game and if you do get it..play a few matches on solo first against bots...especially if you plan on being monster, so you can get to grips with it.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

This pretty much sums it up @IhazHedont

Basically the DLC is no big deal, the game can be a lot of fun if both sides are ok at it, however it's a bit lacking in temrs of content and sometimes minutes can pass without anything interesting happening.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Its actually interesting but then again you can get bored after 2 or 3 games. Playing as the monster (constantly) versus players could be quite annoying as well.

Groomlake Authority

SNIP

its a fun game, but some people seem to find it gets boring quickly, and the variety really comes with buying the DLC for the extras

you cannot always play monster, you can try, but you wont always get it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It's too rushed and doesn't have enough content.

Heck, even free to play games and indie games have more content. Warframe had more content at day 1...

It's fun for max the first 5 games. After that it's most of the time really boring...unless you get a very good monster and very good hunters. Then it can get entertaining but damn...this game lacks so much content. Also, a match can go 2 ways : it ends in the first 5 minutes, or it can last 20mins+, 90% of the time being spent running.

The "campaign" is made of 5 missions...basically 5 matches.Also, it doesn't have any story nor lore at all. Why are the monsters there?

Great concept, but the missing things don't justify the price. It feels like a free to play game.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I don't own Evolve, but I have played in both the alpha and beta, so I thought I'd give my experience.

It's a fun game, but after playing a lot of the beta I'm kinda already done with the game. I feel as if I have done everything the game has offered me in its beta state and that the full game doesn't have anything more to justify buying it right now at $50-$60. If the game was $20 I'd've already bought it.

I think pugging online might be the issue, but I can't find four other people that are actually interested in playing the game because of how expensive it is with so little content.

If you have four friends that have the game then I'd say buy it, but if not then wait a bit.

Only buy the game from re-sellers like G2A, kinguin etc. Don't pay more than half price if u only gonna experience 5th (because u are not playing 4 other characters) of the experince.

Summer sales is far away and by then u might forget about the game.

All the streamers who played the evolve in beta haven't touched it ever since lol. They just a promo for the game which got boring too quickly.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

It seems the game isn't for everyone. It's like there isn't any "middle feeling", it's binary: 0 or 1.

Really hard to decide haha

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

It seems the game isn't for everyone. It's like there isn't any "middle feeling", it's binary: 0 or 1.

Really hard to decide haha

I got mine from g2a for £20 including the monster expansion dlc. defiantly worth £20.

The problem is evolve intends on being a different game, a different experience...and people criticize it for being that way.

I mainly wanted it to play as monster to but that can't happen every game.

The game asks you to put the 5 classes in order you would like to play them, so if you don't get your first choice  the game will try and put you in your next favorite calss, which is nice.

The hunters are actually really fun to play to and so far i haven't really came across any "bad" games where people run off solo etc.

We've been beaten but it was still a good match and we gave it are all.

Frankly if you want to try something new.....then evolve is a good place to start.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

It seems like it would suffer from the Titanfall issue, in that it gets boring pretty fast.

Hey,

This game really hooked me when I saw the first footage.

But the more the release was coming, the more people began to boycott it, then now Evolve belongs to Steam Charts' abyss.

I want to know if the game is really that bad, without talking about DLC's.

If I play it, I want to play monster only; does it worth it ?

Thanks

DONT BUY IT

I wont lie its very fun .... the first fucking week or 5 days. It doesnt have enough content. Just dont buy it....

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Arrr ok !

I guess I'll take Cities instead !

This pretty much sums it up @IhazHedont

Basically the DLC is no big deal, the game can be a lot of fun if both sides are ok at it, however it's a bit lacking in temrs of content and sometimes minutes can pass without anything interesting happening.

This. The key word here is " if both sides are ok at it". And in this lies the major problems with the game. Most affairs are heavily one sided when 'pubbing'. You need a good team and a good monster player for the game to be interesting. Unfortunatley this is barely ever the case and the game is dying in population because of this main issue. There are just too many variables that have to come together to make this game good - but when it does it is pretty good, not L4D2 level of good, but good.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

I was a hardcore L4D2 player, this is why this game appealed me.

But if I want to stick playing solo, I should wait to see if Evolve gets some improvements (I bet Turtle rock is really sad seeing the results of Evolve), and get Cities or any other solo game in the mean time. 

The game has no longevity to it which is evident by how many active players there are now. As a concept it was fine a little flawed in execution but still not a bad game but it just doesn't have any longevity to it save your money. 

I was bored of it within a couple of hours of playing its more fun with friends but really even that gets old fast.