Favourite FPS mice?

AlexWJD

Hello,

Today my el cheapo mouse bit the dust so I'm in the market for a new mouse. I mainly play CS:GO so I'm looking for something FPS. What mice do you guys recommend? My two main picks so far are:

Razer DeathAdder Chroma:

Pros: nice and cool, 

Cons: f***ing Razer Synapse can go kill itself

Corsair M65

Pros: bit flashy looking, good price

Cons: no color changer, looks flashy?

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

As i've said dozens of times on this forum now, 

:3

I really like my RAT 7. Super, super customizable and comfortable esp. for my larger hands.

Other than that the death adder is a great, if you like narrow mice, if you don't the naga is excellent.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I have the corsair M65, the mouse is honestly amazing, haven't had a single issue with it for the 3 months I've had it now, feels great, looks great too.

The sides take a little while to get used to, though eventually you won't even notice the gritty texture. (Helps with gripping the mouse, the top of it is a more rubbery plastic, though the entire frame below the sides and top is aluminum)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I have the corsair M65, the mouse is honestly amazing, haven't had a single issue with it for the 3 months I've had it now, feels great, looks great too.

The sides take a little while to get used to, though eventually you won't even notice the gritty texture. (Helps with gripping the mouse, the top of it is a more rubbery plastic, though the entire frame below the sides and top is aluminum)

I was thinking about getting an M65 too but I'm a bit put off that it has a laser sensor, has this been a problem for you? 

I was thinking about getting an M65 too but I'm a bit put off that it has a laser sensor, has this been a problem for you? 

Nope, haven't really seen any mouse acceleration from it either. (I've got enhance pointer precision off in mouse settings, aka mouse acceleration)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

As i've said dozens of times on this forum now, 

:3

I really like my RAT 7. Super, super customizable and comfortable esp. for my larger hands.

Other than that the death adder is a great, if you like narrow mice, if you don't the naga is excellent.

IMHO the RAT 7 looks waaaay too flashy. And hella expensive. 

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

IMHO the RAT 7 looks waaaay too flashy. And hella expensive. 

theres always the rat 5, but you loose some customization. I wouldn't rec. a RAT 5, because at the price you can find mice w/ about the same options, and a better sensor.

So once again i'd fall back to a recommendation for a Death adder/Naga, or a M65 solid performer.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

theres always the rat 5, but you loose some customization. I wouldn't rec. a RAT 5, because at the price you can find mice w/ about the same options, and a better sensor.

So once again i'd fall back to a recommendation for a Death adder/Naga, or a M65 solid performer.

I've seen the DA owners talk about the double click issue, is that legit or a rare occurrence? 

Razer Deathadder 2013.. No point getting the Chroma because your hand will always be on the mouse anyway.. It's a really good mice.. I had the original deathadder for 4 years until it died a few months ago from wear and tear..

I've seen the DA owners talk about the double click issue, is that legit or a rare occurrence? 

It's not really a common problem. Some of the guys on here are pretty biased towards Razer, they all have their reasons. Anyway, perhaps after years and years of constant service that can happen, yes, but it can with any mouse.

For you to come across that problem before a year, you'd have to be pretty damn unlucky.

COUGHCOUGH ROCCATKONEPUREMILITARY COUGHCOUGH

Seriously though, it's the best mouse I've ever used, its extremely comfortable, it's got a great sensor, all the buttons can be reprogrammed through the software, and the RGB LED lit Roccat logo is a nice touch. 

the king of sensors is the 3366 in the Logitech g502 and Logitech g303. The Logitech g303 is probably the best fps mouse ever made if you like smaller mice. light claw grip mouse with best in industry sensor, flexible and durable cable, best in industry lmb and rmb clicks, very stable polling, onboard memory, surface calibration software, and RGB lighting. No smoothing, acceleration, filtering, pixel rounding, or pixel doubling. But it was just announced last week and may take a week or two to be available in your area. The g502 is fairly heavy and more of a palm grip mouse, with the same amazing sensor and doesn't have RGB lighting, or as awesome lmb and rmb clicks and just a blue LED.

Outside of Logitech, i'd recommend getting a mouse with the 3310 sensor, which is probably the next best thing. Mionix's 7000 series(please don't get the 8200), Zowie's FK1, FK2, EC-A, Steelseries Rival, Roccat Kone Pure Military and probably many more use the 3310 sensor. Razer spends most of their money on marketing and skimps on their products, the S3988 sensor in the 4g DA and the chroma is the worst sensor i've tried in the last 2 years.

In my experience, Synapse was the only redeeming feature of my Razer Deathadder 2013. In spite of any flaws the software may have, it was hands-down the best software I've experienced so far in regards to creating macros for a mouse.

Alas, the mouse itself was very poorly built. After around 8 months of use one of the macro buttons began to die (lost clickiness, mushy feel, wouldn't always detect clicks properly) and around 2 months after that the left click started to suffer the same fate. About a month after that the sensor started having an issue where every so often it would just stop detecting movement or freak out and move the cursor in the opposite direction (and sometimes totally random direction) to the one I pointed it in. Naturally my experience doesn't necessarily represent that of everyone else and I may have simply been unlucky.

As for the M65 - I currently have one, and personally I'm not enjoying it much. Physically the mouse is mostly pretty good, other than the materials used being ridiculously susceptible to dirt and scratches, but the big problem it has is the software. In general the software gives you a pretty normal amount of control over your mouse, but the ability to create macro functions is preposterously neutered. On my Deathadder I could set up a macro which would utilise multiple mouse buttons with a single click (For example I could make it do "Left click, right click, middle click, Macro Button 1"), whilst on the M65 there appears to be as far as I can tell no such option. You are limited to either changing the function of the button to be something else from a dropdown list, or creating a macro which consists exclusively of keyboard button presses. And whilst Corsair appear to still be selling the M65, they have not updated the software for it since 2013. Apparently there's an entirely new software suite available for the RGB version of the mouse, however.

I've yet to find my perfect FPS mouse. Until I do, my favourite is my Logitech Performance MX. Most comfortable and ergonomic mouse I've ever seen.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Outside of Logitech, i'd recommend getting a mouse with the 3310 sensor, which is probably the next best thing. Mionix's 7000 series(please don't get the 8200), Zowie's FK1, FK2, EC-A, Steelseries Rival, Roccat Kone Pure Military and probably many more use the 3310 sensor. Razer spends most of their money on marketing and skimps on their products, the S3988 sensor in the 4g DA and the chroma is the worst sensor i've tried in the last 2 years.

To describe it with Skylit´s words, "silly atavax". FYI S3988/3989 and several other Sensors have gotten SROM Updates for reduced or removed smoothing.

G502 hands down the best mouse I've used for competitive cs:go. Most consistent sensor I've ever used. 

Past mice: 

-deathadder 2013

-naga

-sensei Raw

-sensei

RAT 9 every day of the week :) sniper button makes all the difference in sniping.

I play the realistic WW2 game Rising Storm and i love my mouse for that. The sniper button halves the DP so it makes the realistic shake of the soldiers hands easier to cope with.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

RAT 9 every day of the week :) sniper button makes all the difference in sniping.

I play the realistic WW2 game Rising Storm and i love my mouse for that. The sniper button halves the DP so it makes the realistic shake of the soldiers hands easier to cope with.

I play some RO2 as well and I never like sniper buttons, makes me inconsistent

To describe it with Skylit´s words, "silly atavax". FYI S3988/3989 and several other Sensors have gotten SROM Updates for reduced or removed smoothing.

the rumors before i received my s3988 in December were that SROM update reduced the smoothing, i used the most up to date razer software, and it felt like garbage in December. I'll try to find the mouse and test it again although i don't remember where i put it, i have to reorganize my storage and this next week at work is going to be super busy.

g502, nothing will top that. used it once and didnt believe how it fit my hands so perfectly or how smooth it was. 

i came from using a deathadder ergonomic 2013 

i7 4930k / Asus GTX titan / 16 gig dominator platinum / asus rampage extreme IV black edition AC4 / RM850 PSU / 512 samsung 840 pro