Gaming PC for Youtube?

Go to solution Solved by habowh43,

buy an SSD for general use and recording until shadowplay comes out.

buy a GTX 780,shadowplay should allow you to record gameplay.

maybe buy a 2TB HDD.

maybe buy a 3770K if you feel you need it.

+1 on the advice from mvitkun

-GTX 780 is a great choice but it doesn't make a HUGE difference over the GTX 770, which costs 250$ less and still destroys pretty much every game out there. So choose carefully if you care about bang for the buck.

-An SSD is a must if you're going to be doing gameplay and montages. Your recorded videos and programs will load sooooo much faster you won't even be able to look back. 240+ GB SSD is what you want. anything under that and you'll run out of space in two seconds. (ok not literally but you know what I mean. :P)

-Secondary storage is also really important as you want a lot of space to keep those old clips, videos and edits. So go for a 1 or 2tb secondary drive to store all the stuff you don't regularly use.

-The 3770k is a bit of a waste imo, I mean, you're going to be throwing away a 250$ chip and buying a 330$ one to gain something like 10% in heavily threaded applications. So I wouldn't wholeheartedly recommend this upgrade.

Hope this helps!

-François

I'm looking into making Gameplay videos on youtube. I would like to share PC gameplay but am wondering what parts I would need as this computer would need to be able to game with decent FPS while running a screen capture program at the same time.

I currently have a GTX 550ti, an i5-3570k, 8gb of ram, and a 750w PSU. I feel that out of all my parts i would need to upgrade the GPU as it is pretty dated. What GPU should i upgrade to.

(I'm not worried about HDD as I already have 500gb)

Thanks for the help!

if you can wait get 9970 or the whatever the next generation amd card is.

if you can wait get 9970 or the whatever the next generation amd card is.

You skipped 8xxx series what the poop

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

depends on your budget as everyone else stated, i would get a 700 series card like a 780 or 770, the msi 770 lightning edition is a monster and only a few fps behind the 780's

You skipped 8xxx series what the poop

amd is skipping over 8 actually.. their going to 9000

Go for a bigger HDD definitely

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

buy an SSD for general use and recording until shadowplay comes out.

buy a GTX 780,shadowplay should allow you to record gameplay.

maybe buy a 2TB HDD.

maybe buy a 3770K if you feel you need it.

-GTX 780 is a great choice but it doesn't make a HUGE difference over the GTX 770, which costs 250$ less and still destroys pretty much every game out there. So choose carefully if you care about bang for the buck.

-An SSD is a must if you're going to be doing gameplay and montages. Your recorded videos and programs will load sooooo much faster you won't even be able to look back. 240+ GB SSD is what you want. anything under that and you'll run out of space in two seconds. (ok not literally but you know what I mean. :P)

-Secondary storage is also really important as you want a lot of space to keep those old clips, videos and edits. So go for a 1 or 2tb secondary drive to store all the stuff you don't regularly use.

-The 3770k is a bit of a waste imo, I mean, you're going to be throwing away a 250$ chip and buying a 330$ one to gain something like 10% in heavily threaded applications. So I wouldn't wholeheartedly recommend this upgrade.

Hope this helps!

-François

DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE

You little rebel.

Hope this helps!

-François

Thanks for the advice mvitkun and habowh43! I think I'll follow the steps that you recommened habowh43

try this http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

its amd based with 8gb but if you plan on doing alot of video editing i would get 16gb and spend a little more. it would be worth it

You need to paste a permalink and not the url. Otherwise, we see our own list from our cookies.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Budget is $1,200

Considering your budget...

Here you go: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/1e0Zl

Reading through what others have posted, the 780 is a bit out of your budget. It's also not as good as a value card as a 770.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.