AMD To Introduce Full Radeon R300 Series At Computex 2015 (No-Rebrands)

Opcode

That totally hasn't been posted here a million times.

Still very relevant

Still very relevant

I know. It's just an over-said thing. Everyone at this point know's their stock coolers are loud, haha

i hope the 390x will be the new king of price/performance

and i will hold off my planned r9 290x upgrade untill the r9 380x, because the 380x will be a rebrand of the 290x, and 370x of the 280x and so on

I seriously highly doubt that the R9 370X will be a 280X rebrand. It's GCN 1.0 and it's what, 3 years old? There's no way they're going to rebrand that again. I can see how the 380X will be a polished Hawaii PRO though.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Doesn't matter if it's logical or not. It's still a rumor. 

Isn't that the fun of 90% of the threads posted in this section. Pretty much every other news thread is based around some kind of rumor.

Benchmarking this new AMD card could prove very...... loud and unstable.

- snip -

It could be worse.

Still very relevant

- snip -

- snip -

Hawaii =/= Fiji

Primary reason behind the issues with Hawaii was entirely because of insufficient cooling and not a hot core (the heatsink is just a copper block).

Still very relevant

Can we please stop with this power consumption & noise things? The 290x barely consumed more power and the reference 780 Ti was a loud fuck too.

Its not a question of it can run crysis but if it can run minesweeper.

Can't run Pinball, because it isn't in Windows 7+ :(

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

snip

So they can rebrand the 290, 290x and 285. They just have to be selective about which cards they rebrand...

YES!

Well, you should probably wait until 300 series comes out and check Ebay. I would expect to find more than a few 970's on there, I know mine will be.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well, you should probably wait until 300 series comes out and check Ebay. I would expect to find more than a few 970's on there, I know mine will be.

You should put it on the forum's classifieds first. http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/Also, it will be interesting to see how many will join and sell off their 970s to upgrade.

You should put it on the forum's classifieds first. http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/Also, it will be interesting to see how many will join and sell off their 970s to upgrade.

That will be interesting.

I wonder if it matters if you've already registered the item, can you transfer that?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

soon every AMD card will be rebrands of last gen high end cards xD

a 290x will be a 530 :P

Didn't the article say that every card is going to be a new architecture?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

if this AMD only like 10 to 15% over a GTX 980 i say is pretty bad compare how long this card is taking to come out

Well the release date will fit in well with my next upgrade/rebuild. It will be interesting to see who has the best single card available at the time I build. I will be saving all my money for the June/July timeframe for my build.

Didn't the article say that every card is going to be a new architecture?

that's what I read too..all posts after the first were saying rebrands