AMD To Introduce Full Radeon R300 Series At Computex 2015 (No-Rebrands)

Opcode

Source

amd_radeon_artwork_angle_new.jpg

Sources with knowledge of Advanced Micro Devices’ roadmap have revealed that the company plans to introduce its new family of Radeon R9 300-series graphics cards closer to Computex than CeBIT, as originally planned. AMD had hoped to push out one or two new cards in March and then re-brand many others to refresh the range. That is no longer the plan. The challenge for Advanced Micro Devices is that it needs to achieve two rather different (and sometimes opposing) tasks in the first half of this year. It must significantly reduce inventory in the channel and it has to try and boost its dropping market share. If AMD does not ship anything new, its own sales and market share will decline. However, if AMD ships brand-new offerings, older hardware stalls in the channel, impacts prices and makes it difficult to sell new products.

The sources with knowledge of AMD plans revealed to KitGuru that Computex has been targeted as the launch timeframe for AMD’s upcoming graphics adapters and a “full line up” was demanded from senior management and engineers. Instead of launching just one new graphics solution and a load of re-brands, AMD intends to roll-out a whole new range of graphics cards at Computex in early June.

Backed up with inventory it seems like the only logical reason to hold off so long on launching these cards.

This post has been promoted to an article

Source

amd_radeon_artwork_angle_new.jpg

Backed up with inventory it seems like the only logical reason to hold off so long on launching these cards.

i hope the 390x will be the new king of price/performance

and i will hold off my planned r9 290x upgrade untill the r9 380x, because the 380x will be a rebrand of the 290x, and 370x of the 280x and so on

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

I agree.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Birthday is July, am getting an early present for myself ;)

/Stock willing...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So June 1 for the new AMD series , + several weeks if the stock is low. 

I think those who hear they need to wait so long will just move on buy from nVidia, since Witcher 3 and GTA 5 will be out before then.

The better process is always buy whatever is the best at the time of you wanting to buy. 

If you keep waiting, you'll always be waiting for the next best thing. Even if something provides "revolutionary and game changed advancements". Its a GPU. We're at the point where even if you went back to a 780 or 290, you'd be pretty well off for years down the line. 

But...........

Will it run Crysis?

Runs away....

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

But...........

Will it run Crysis?

Runs away....

At 30fps!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

The better process is always buy whatever is the best at the time of you wanting to buy. 

If you keep waiting, you'll always be waiting for the next best thing. Even if something provides "revolutionary and game changed advancements". Its a GPU. We're at the point where even if you went back to a 780 or 290, you'd be pretty well off for years down the line. 

You're partly right but its not that simple, the gpu is the most important component for gaming, the r9 200 series came in 2013, the 900 in 2014, 300 series mid 2015

Seems to me that if we count both amd and nvidia, there's aproximately a 1 year gap between a new series release (significant difference, not Ti versions or stuff like r9 285 )

For someone like me who can't upgrade at each flagship, I really do need the best bang for buck item.

So from the sounds of this, the rest of their cards will be on the new architecture as well? As much as I hate delays, this sounds much nicer than a refresh of the 290/x as the 380/x.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

At 30fps!

Or a bit higher :) 

soon every AMD card will be rebrands of last gen high end cards xD

a 290x will be a 530 :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

To think that neither the Titan X or 395X2 will be able to beat a single 5k monitor with a 1500€+ price tag is just plain horrendous.... and i went for 5k to not even mention how 4k will still be a big problem xD. Lets hope for the best tough.

Groomlake Authority

Anyone wanna buy a gtx 970? lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Now I don't know what to do..

Wait and get a cheap Gpu until the R9 300 series comes out or just flat out wait and have no desktop for a few months?

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

Now I don't know what to do..

Wait and get a cheap Gpu until the R9 300 series comes out or just flat out wait and have no desktop for a few months?

First choice :D

Groomlake Authority

They're not going to move stock without dropping prices. Everyone is waiting for the new gen unless they simply don't have a gpu.

Until the 290x is under 300 dollars it won't move any faster.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

amd needs to hurry up and launch their gpus

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

I want to see the 300w performance beast!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I wish they would hurry up. It feels like they are taking so long to release this.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

i hope the 390x will be the new king of price/performance

and i will hold off my planned r9 290x upgrade untill the r9 380x, because the 380x will be a rebrand of the 290x, and 370x of the 280x and so on

I think R9 370x is supposed to be a fully unlocked Tonga chip, probably what the R9 285x was going to be until Nvidia dropped their $330 GTX 970 and changed everything in the GPU market. That would be disappointing if the 370x is just a rebranded 7970.