Titan X power connectors

slightlyjaded

Nothing(I know there are some limits, no need for pedantics) is stopping you from putting more than 4 gpus in a computer and using them as separate GPUs.

Using more than 4 in SLI is the problem.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Will do. This beast powered the Super bowl half time show. Four Titan Z, 8 GPU's.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/43392/geforce-gtx-titan-gpus-4-way-sli-powered-super-bowl-halftime-show/index.html

That's better unlike jaded's irrelevant posts. Though not a super computer.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

This is an asic miner.

A supercomputer in your parlance.

(if gpu is the only consideration)

No They're not connected, but ask linus if you really want if he can connect 8 GPU's to an asic's rig......I'm pretty sure he did a video awhile back.

My apologies to anyone that caught the posts before I edited. Some people disprove darwin.

post-184582-0-30606000-1425642144_thumb.

Will do. This beast powered the Super bowl half time show. Four Titan Z, 8 GPU's.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/43392/geforce-gtx-titan-gpus-4-way-sli-powered-super-bowl-halftime-show/index.html

Well I've got 2/3rds of that....

Honestly pcpartpicker looks at my mobo and wonders what the hell I've got.

Make that 1/3rd

Asus x99e_ws as stated

5960x Upgrade

....yeah I can't afford titans......next?

titans have never been priced a a competitive perspective. If you want it you'll buy it.

true true... and yes i want it but...i wont be the price for its perforance kist wont match other options by any margon...

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

thank god I was wrong it's just 2 slots wheew. . . .

titanx-video-connectors-645x456.jpg

@Mystic Mistro yeah it's gonna be the highest wait for a 980ti (if they release one) only devs can really take all that power to its max potential. But then again you might be a dev.

No doubt it'l be a long wait and yea they may not release one at all which would suck a little. I wouldnt have said only devs... if your a real fan of graphics in your games with mods or simplely pushing a really high res screen you could use all that power.

More than likely won't be a 980 Ti simply because there's no place in the market to fit it.

With the price of the titan x .... releasing the '980 ti' will always come much much later to the game as its gives sales when those who simplely cant scretch to the price of the titan. They did it with the 780 ti and it workes well in the market. Simplely put i would be suprised if a '980 ti' varient isnt released at all.

They also didn't mention the true requirement of power to run this card which is ....

No power isn't mentioned, but how much power can you put through the pci slot, and 1 6 pin, and 1 8pin connector (safely that is). That was the part of the picture that got me interested.

3072 Maxwell cores will certainly use less power than 2880 Kepler cores found on the TITAN Black and 780 Ti. I don't expect this to be a particularly power-hungry card or to need more than a 6-pin and an 8-pin; was anyone else expecting more?