Good binaural audio games?

Baciere

Anyone have any games that either are really good with binaural funsies, or even just have more fun binaural plays (like Virtual barber shop)?

I'm curious as to what could be done with this in a game, and am rather interested to see what other people do with it. I mean, it does take up quite a bit of time recording binaural sounds, due to the nature of them, but even 'mostly emulated binaural' suffices. 

~ Al Baciere Al Lupo

Well, really any game can have that sort of audio.

That is because sound comes from somewhere.. That could be your left, right, behind you or whatever..

I'm not sure what kind of games have this a lot :P

@Baciere 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

There aren't really any games that use binural audio, since it would demand a lot of processing power to produce.

It was kinda this AMD True Audio aimed to address.

The support in game engins have also been lacking.

There are some mobil games that use binural audio. I'll try to find out which ones

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

That's my issue v-v 
I'm trying to find games that either use it to trick you (like a horror game that gives you nothing but a blank screen or something, kinda like the old text-based RPG's of my 5-year-old-days), or to cause puzzles to revolve around you.

CS and all of it's various counterparts use this in a way (emulating it) to give you positional audio, but I'm thinking simpler. The game revolves around the audio more than the actions in the game.

I'm mostly just looking for ideas to test with a silly "Choose your own adventure" audiobook/game. 

It wouldn't take hardly any processing power to produce if recorded as binaural in the first place, or if they used virtual surround sound in some fashion. 
I do admit that the game supporting it on their own are lacking, or headphones designed around positional audio being mostly snake oil. 

~ Al Baciere Al Lupo

Try Razer surrounded sound with headphones: http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/surround

The other thing worth mentioning is make sure that you have the games sound settings set up correctly. Check to see there is a headphone option in the game settings. I believe the battlefield games have the option.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130