Battlefield 4 won't let me play multiplayer?

I've been an enthusiast of tech for a while now, and I decided to play some games. I have just finished the BF4 campaign, and I needed to play some multiplayer. However, all day I have been able to join a server, start to play, and end up getting kicked 30 seconds in. Battlelog says it is because the server is full. But when I joined, ten players still had to get in. I really don't know what is happening and this is getting frustrating. Any help? Also, I hate using Battlelog, is there a mode that the launcher is not browser based? Because that would be much appreciated. Again, all and any help appreciated.

I don't think you can play it without battlelog.

Just a question, did you download the patch that came today?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

you cant play without battle log. its not that bad, any other launcher would be almost the same, just a windowed option. it does it job. make sure your battle log is up to date. also theres a known punk buster issue. with too many allowances being made within the windows fire wall.

go into he firewall and under exceptions scroll down till you see punk buster A and punk buster B delete all of them bar one of each. then right clock and make sure they are set up correctly (theres only 2 options which i can't remember what they're called but the one you need to clock is obvious).

this should solve all connection issues.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

No I didn't get the patch. Where would I find it?

No I didn't get the patch. Where would I find it?

Probably by right clicking on bf4 in origin.

Right click BF4 in Origin and check for updates (The tile itself should be colored orange as well, and a clickable 'update now')

Then there is the browser plugin, google PBSETUP.exe and update punkbuster if not already updated... (guessing not, as its been a while)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Right click BF4 in Origin and check for updates (The tile itself should be colored orange as well, and a clickable 'update now')

Then there is the browser plugin, google PBSETUP.exe and update punkbuster if not already updated... (guessing not, as its been a while)

Both are updated. Same issue. 

Probably by right clicking on bf4 in origin.

So game has an update but doesn't do it automatically, instead let's u connect to a server and not tel u about the patch whatsoever ?!

That sounds dumb.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

So game has an update but doesn't do it automatically, instead let's u connect to a server and not tel u about the patch whatsoever ?!

That sounds dumb.

It does autoupdate.

But given it's origin and battlefield combined it might not have done it.

That sounds dumb.

It isn't that uncommon for games. Or other software. They usually check for updates when you login. And with Battlelog its doublecheck since it informs when you have older version than what is supported. But there are times, usually when DLC launches where Origin just refuses to download patch.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It isn't that uncommon for games. Or other software. They usually check for updates when you login. And with Battlelog its doublecheck since it informs when you have older version than what is supported. But there are times, usually when DLC launches where Origin just refuses to download patch.

Worked fine for me as I got a notification in the corner of the launch icon. But I prefer autoupdating as soon as I log in (just like steam does it, hasn't failed on me ever).

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

That sounds dumb.

It does but sometimes it doesn't work.

It does but sometimes it doesn't work.

Yea, already mentioned in previous response :)

Its probably punkbuster problems.

I get that problem a lot.  I manually installed punkbuster and it fixed it for me.