Declawing cats

How do you feel about declawing the front claws of a cat?  I've owned 4 cats at different times growing up and they've all been declawed.  I don't really see it as inhumane, all of my cats thoroughly enjoyed life without them, and they couldn't scratch my face and stuff.  Also, does anyone know how linus feels about it?  Thanks!

i dont know about linus but I wouldnt do it to mine ever

I can  imagine the pain they would go through initially

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It's a terrible thing to do and it's thankfully illegal here. If a cat scratches up your face then you haven't raised it the right way, declawing it to prevent that is utterly stupid.

They make caps that can go on the claws.

Why do you care what Linus thinks of it? Cant you think for yourself?

LinusCatTips?

https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusCatTips

I don't think you should do it. Clip them, sure, but don't remove them completely. They can still climb well with clipped claws, but not as well without them. 

it should be illegal

it fucks up there paws

u really should look into it

its like me taking your hand choppin off everything after the last knuckle its not like just the finger nail or something your taking out the bone

http://cats.about.com/cs/declawing/a/declawing_2.htm

"Arthritis and Crippling

Cats are "digitigrade," which means they walk on their toes. Pain in the toes can cause changes to their normal gait, which eventually can cause stiffness and pain in their legs, hips, and spine"

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Why do you care what Linus thinks of it? Cant you think for yourself?

I think it's perfectly fine, as I stated in my post.  However sometimes it's nice to know what other people think so you can A. have a nice discussion or B.  Form a more rounded opinion.

I haven't declawed my cat. Although when he needs a bath i can see why people do it... He's learned to play nice and i have no problems with him.

Don't know about linus. But his cats seem to have theirs intact

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I think it's perfectly fine, as I stated in my post.  However sometimes it's nice to know what other people think so you can A. have a nice discussion or B.  Form a more rounded opinion

if u think its perfectly fine then u know nothing about it

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

How do you feel about declawing the front claws of a cat?  I've owned 4 cats at different times growing up and they've all been declawed.  I don't really see it as inhumane, all of my cats thoroughly enjoyed life without them, and they couldn't scratch my face and stuff.  Also, does anyone know how linus feels about it?  Thanks!

I'm against. My reason is because the neighbor had their cat declawed and it escaped. The cat could not defend itself and they found it dead from an animal attack. The vet put it like this. Imagine someone cutting off the knuckles of your fingers. Just because the cat does not show pain doesn't mean its in pain. That's what the vet told me.

i dont know about linus but I wouldnt do it to mine ever

I can  imagine the pain they would go through initially

My parents did it to their cats. I did not declaw my cats.

It's a terrible thing to do and it's thankfully illegal here. If a cat scratches up your face then you haven't raised it the right way, declawing it to prevent that is utterly stupid.

Wish it was illegal here.

They make caps that can go on the claws.

Yes, they do but you will still need to trim the claws. It's easy to do and just rub your cats paws at an early age. My cats love getting their claws trimmed.

LinusCatTips?

https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusCatTips

I don't think you should do it. Clip them, sure, but don't remove them completely. They can still climb well with clipped claws, but not as well without them. 

I agree.

it should be illegal

it fucks up there paws

u really should look into it

its like me taking your hand choppin off everything after the last knuckle its not like just the finger nail or something your taking out the bone

I agree.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

It should be illegal for the same reason female circumcision is illegal.

It's mutilation plain and simple.

If you can't deal with your cat having claws, then get a hamster.

Hamsters bite though.. Evil little bastards 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Someone should de-claw you and then we can have a nice rounded discussion about it, I'd be up for that.... 

Pete

I agree completely.

Hamsters bite though.. Evil little bastards 

lol and they don't let go.

Someone should de-claw you and then we can have a nice rounded discussion about it, I'd be up for that.... 

Always here that but I have to disagree. I think we should just educate the op like I said before. I just want the op to imagine it but I would never want that to happen to anyone.

@CakesCakesCakes My kittens have their claws. They do not scratch furniture at all. I taught them to use the scratching post. I clip their claws every 2 weeks and it takes 10 minutes out of my day. I just rubbed their paws at an early age and I would comfort them with soothing words. I know it sounds goofy but cats can sense if you are trying to harm them. The first time I tried it took me 30 minutes and I gave the cats reassurance that I was not trying to harm them. Now my cats just look at me while I'm clipping their claws and they do not move. Also if they are scracthing your face then you're doing it wrong. I suggest you watch videos on how to properly play with a cat. Also you can look at their eyes and their body language. If you are just teasing the cat then you deserve it.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

^^^ I'd actually rather he didn't have to imagine it, his cats aren't imaging it are they....I have Macaws and they can bite what should I do de-beak them?  It's barbaric and doesn't deserve education it deserves punishment.

Pete

Male circumcision is legal and that's mutilation. I don't think comparing it to circumcision is a very good example, since the point at which it's socially acceptable to do is pretty arbitrary.

I  do agree though. It's a horrible and cruel thing to do.

Op do u realize it's not just taking the nail out? They actually remove the first joint of their fingers. If you don't like claws don't get a cat! it's a Illegal here afaik, just like tail docking and for good reason! imo you should not be aloud a cat let alone 4!

Oh well, I feel a bit silly.  It seems that not a single person here likes it, and with a little more googleing I couldn't find another person on the internet who liked it either.  I feel kinda bad now.  I'm only 18 so I've never purchased and declawed a cat, and my only remaining cat is 13, so I've never been involved in one getting it.  I've only experienced the post surgery experience from all of my cats who have lived happy lives (no trouble walking/running, litter box problems, defending themselves etc).  My view on declawing has been changed from this post.  Thanks!

I know i have just managed to disipline my cat into not using her calws when she plays with me.

De clawing is just horrible.

Btw one more post linus and you are at 2,000