i5 2500k performance vs 7700k

Go to solution Solved by IP man,

Found this Gigabyte board for less than Asrock: It seems a good board, even has triple sli/ crossfire support. Any good for overclocking?:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-GA-Z87X-SLI-Motherboard-Multi-GPU-DualBIOS/dp/B00H4535Q0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425216099&sr=8-1&keywords=Gigabyte+z87

needs to be z97 if you want oc. if not that would work yes.

Edit -oops that wont work. you need to use LGA 1155 socket with i5 2500k

You clearly dont understand how CPU's work. :/ Ghz doesn't mean shit stop being so stubborn... A 4460 @ 3Ghz is still faster than your 7700K at 4.5Ghz or more.

Yes I know the speed doesn't affect performance, I am saying 3Ghz seems slow so I'm not being stubborn and if you continue to address me in such a manner a moderator will have to be called

Cpu: i7 4790k @ 4ghz, Motherboard: z97 asus deluxe, Memory: 8gb Kingston hyperx blue, Graphics card: Evga gtx 750ti ftw, Storage: 1TB WD BLUE mass storage, Crucial 120gb ssd (boot drive win 8.1), PSUCorsair cx750w fully wired, Displays: ben Q  2 ms gtg  , Cpu coolerBe quiet! shadow-rock slim, Peripherals: Ducky shine 3, Corsair m65 gaming mouse, SoundHyper x cloud Headphones, OS: Windows 8.1

Making threats at the people trying to help you.
Shame on you.