NZXT G10 with my GPU?

Tim Drake

There doesn't seem to be a definite answer on NZXT's website or on forums that I can see. Best option is probably to contact NZXT and MSI to check. It may be true that the VRMs are in the wrong location for it. 

You could buy a heatsink for the vrms, I know there are some for 290(x), i'm sure there are some for the 970. 

Can't seem to find any on Gelid's site though. 

Maybe you could mod on some 290 vrm heatsinks? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

i think ek makes full block for them

Full blocks require many other components and are much more expensive. It's not really a viable alternative to the G10 if he's wanting a cheaper solution. 

Full blocks require many other components and are much more expensive. It's not really a viable alternative to the G10 if he's wanting a cheaper solution. 

cheaper AND easier.

Also a lot easier to re install the custom cooler if I need to RMA

I did a quick google and someone said it's not compatible because it can't cool VRMs as they are on the left.

Is this true or is there any way around it?

If you're running a 970, wouldn't the fan be enough since those dont even run hot anyways?

If you're running a 970, wouldn't the fan be enough since those dont even run hot anyways?

1. It's an idea

2. Longer life span

3. You can tell people you are cooling your GPU with water

4. Why does it matter to you?

you could try contact this guy with his 980's and see how he handled the vrm problem. ?

It's only with my MSI Custom Card :(

Ouch, that's a pain... no chance you could trade your msi one for a friends, which will work? or even on classifieds? 

Ouch, that's a pain... no chance you could trade your msi one for a friends, which will work? or even on classifieds? 

Nah.

I reckon companies will start doing this soon because there was another company has started producing it.

you could (in theory) use generic copper heatsinks like these http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708011 someone in the user reviews used them to cool VRMs on a 780 with Kraken G10. 

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708155 I think these are the newer version, but they're the same size.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

NZXT G10's are a no go on a GTX 970, as their power phases are located on the left of the card. They will work on reference and custom GTX 980's though.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

NZXT G10's are a no go on a GTX 970, as their power phases are located on the left of the card. They will work on reference and custom GTX 980's though.

They work for other 970s.....

They work for other 970s.....

Which ones?

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Not sure but there are people who have done it.

I wonder how they actively cool their cards VRM?

I don't think all 970s have their VRMs on the left, do they?

Every card I've seen. I was looking at grabbing a 970 and putting my G10 on it, but I couldn't find one with the VRM on the left side. Only the GTX 980.

Every card I've seen. I was looking at grabbing a 970 and putting my G10 on it, but I couldn't find one with the VRM on the left side. Only the GTX 980.

:'(

We'll have to wait then.

I did a quick google and someone said it's not compatible because it can't cool VRMs as they are on the left.

Is this true or is there any way around it?

You talking about the 970 you have?

i have a NZXT G10 +H90 AIO on my msi gaming 970.

It fits no problems and temps went from 87 to 55 under load and i got slightly higher oc(my room is hot).

With regards to vram, the MSi 970 has a plate/cover on the front of the board as seen here

So no you dont need any vram heatsinks as the card is cooled enough with the plate and the fan on the G10

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

It fits no problems and temps went from 87 to 55 under load and i got slightly higher oc(my room is hot).

With regards to vram, the MSi 970 has a plate/cover on the front of the board as seen here

So no you dont need any vram heatsinks as the card is cooled enough with the plate and the fan on the G10

Can you measure you VRM temps? Also, how did your 970 get to 87c, when they throttle at 80c?

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_970_gaming_review,3.html

The memory phases are on the right, but the GPU phases are on the left. The latter are the ones that get hot. of course, since the GTX 970 doesn't draw much power, maybe the power phases don't get that hot? Would be nice if you could measure the temps on them, because if they get too hot, they'll cause your card to throttle.

:D

That's good for when I get a job.