I need help thinking up good ways to introduce characters into a book.

Jack.EXE

So the book I'm writing has an issue, I cant figure out how to introduce characters, and at the same time, describe them.

The thing is, I do not want the character's appearance left to the reader's imagination, I have a fixed idea of what I want them too look like.

So, any tips?

Jeffrey

Male, anglo, 1.8 Meters tall, Black hair, green eyes, slim yet slightly muscular build (think sam flynn), Shaggy unkempt hair (Hiro)

Jessie

Female. anglo, 1.78 Meters tall, Black hair, green eyes, essentially a female jeffrey in terms of build (think Quorra), Long hair down to middle back

Hex

Male, Latino, 1.84 Meters tall, Blonde hair, Brown eyes, bulky build (think somewhere in between peter quill and drax), short & close cropped hair (military cut)

Katt

Female, Asian, 1.77 Meters tall, Auburn hair, Yellow eyes, Athletic yet somewhat busty build (think Samus), upper torso length hair

Bin & Bash

Male, Twins, undefined race (a blend of most races), 1.77 meters tall, Brown hair, blue eyes,  slim & impish build (think leo valdez), Shaggy hair like Jeffrey

Ty

Male, Celtic-Asian, 1.79 Meters tall, Brown Hair, Green Eyes, similar build to Jeffrey, Well-groomed hair (steve rogers)

Trel

Female, Anglo, 1.76 Meters tall, brown hair, silver eyes, athletic build with little bust, Short shoulder length hair

any context ? I could help you but I need a context :P

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

They all meet at a Homeless Cat Shelter. 

Context, my dear boy, context...  ;) Can you give us the main plot points of the story? Any defining characteristics?

Seriously though, context will help a metric ton. I have some experience (but I'm by no means a "best selling"). I'll follow this thread, but you can also PM me and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

any context ? I could help you but I need a context :P

It's a Star Wars spin off, between Ep II & III, about a group of prototype clone troopers (higher ranks of the legion) & a couple Jedi.

The basic lore is: "shortly after the death of Jango Fett, the Kaminoians started experementing with other donors of genes. Anyone with skills that would be seen as useful for the GAR would be offered an invitation, including bounty hunters, security officers, theives, and the like. The resulting legion of clones were left with a strong sense of loyalty - to eachother, not the GAR."

It's a Star Wars spin off, between Ep II & III, about a group of prototype clone troopers (higher ranks of the legion) & a couple Jedi.

The basic lore is: "shortly after the death of Jango Fett, the Kaminoians started experementing with other donors of genes. Anyone with skills that would be seen as useful for the GAR would be offered an invitation, including bounty hunters, security officers, theives, and the like. The resulting legion of clones were left with a strong sense of loyalty - to eachother, not the GAR."

at this point in time, is there another side story going on ? because if they are looking for something / someone, you could have the character be at a place (bar perhaps ? idk) and have a standoff, then with that introduce the characters

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

at this point in time, is there another side story going on ? because if they are looking for something / someone, you could have the character be at a place (bar perhaps ? idk) and have a standoff, then with that introduce the characters

We've (my fellow writers and I) have historically introduced them in the barracks, following Jeffrey as the main character as he wakes.

As the story progresses, we start to see a shift in main characters, with Katt all but completely taking over the role of main character as she discovers a rising midiclorian count within her blood, and growing powers in the force.

Order 66 happens halfway through the book, Hex is killed as he defends the launch pad from waves of other clones, and the other characters are forced to watch in shock as the ships they are in take off.

The last half picks back up with Katt and Ty as bounty hunters, Trell as a smuggler, Jeffrey and Jessy on naboo as farmers, and bin & Bash as mechanics in Couruscant.

Trell finds Katt & Ty, and begins to round up the others to help in the resistance motion, wich later forms into the Rebel Alliance, as we leave off the book just before IV

Have you ever just thought of putting Character Bios in the back of the book, with a glossary of everything else?

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

Personally i prefer to work it into sentences

Here's an example from a random witcher book/Journal entry. (Because my book needs a few more chapters and my ridiculous "proofread,read again,pause and then read once more.. then rewrite" writing method. So i won't share any part of it)

"I have known the sorceress Triss Merigold for a long time, for she is one of the Geralt's closest friends. The young, pretty, talented, auburn-haired mage from Maribor..Blahdebladeblah etc etc" 

It's hard to work in too much information unless the main character is really sizing the person up properly.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"