Who needs privacy, after all? Drone based tracking could be on it's way.

Prastupok

pic1.jpg

Where did our privacy go?

Drones already have people on both sides of the coin: some who think that it's a great idea for certain uses, and some who think it's too much in an already too well-connected world. Well, now they can cash in on it.

A company called AdNear is now experimenting with drones to commit ads to users in a different way. While not "recording" them in the pure definition, it will use drones to generate a database of habits for a user. This is not a good thing to me... We have too much as so as it is, between government tracking, tapping, and people posting their lives everywhere. This is something that could be very dangerous in the wrong hands.

"The ad intelligence group is experimenting with location-tracking drones that profile audiences in harder-to-reach areas (say, field concerts or pedestrian-only urban areas) by triangulating cellular and WiFi signals. In theory, this will help merchants find ways to attract you when you're walking by."

"AdNear plans to use drones in select geographies post successful completion of these tests to collect the wireless data that is crucial to its audience profiling data. Privacy and legal compliance are of highest importance to us. Just to keep the record straight; we only collect signals passively and do not record videos or photos. And there is no PII involved either.

For brands, this would mean more data points for accurate audiences and more location points for consumer insights and targeting.

For us, this means a ton of fun!"

I don't like this... not one bit. We have too many companies doing stuff like this... and with more and more like this, they will own us.

Source: AdNear

Source: Engadget

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

That's terrible..

Humans are like each other's enemies nowadays..

Always trying to market and sell their shit.

I'm so done with this shit

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That's terrible..

Humans are like each other's enemies nowadays..

Always trying to market and sell their shit.

I'm so done with this shit

May I direct your attention to the list of major wars..? 

Or pretty much.. humanity's existence?

May I direct your attention to the list of major wars..? 

Or pretty much.. humanity's existence?

I know it. No need to point me at it.

I watch the news.

Just saying this is horrible too in times where we should use technology to help each other. Not rip each other off.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I watch the news.

Just saying this is horrible too in times where we should use technology to help each other. Not rip each other off.

Humans are now a product. That's all we are... we have to be bought by companies to advertise products, which we buy, so more money in their pocket, and the loop begins.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

are you fucking serious asking who wants privacy. do you want every aspect of your life put out there for everyone to know or have privacy. that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. its is a god given right for a person to have privacy and to infringe on that would be unrespectable.

CA-RIP, Cz up hoes down, bang these hoes out with my rounds.

I watch the news.

They are trying this. Meanwhile Stanford.. F@H. Perspective.

are you fucking serious asking who wants privacy. do you want every aspect of your life put out there for everyone to know or have privacy. that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. its is a god given right for a person to have privacy and to infringe on that would be unrespectable.

It was sarcasm... if you actually read what I said (difficult, I know), you'd know that.

It was sarcasm... if you actually read what I said (difficult, I know), you'd know that.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about him, you little bitch? I'll have you know he graduated top of his class in the Navy Seals, and he's been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and he has over 300 confirmed kills. He is trained in gorilla warfare and is the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to him but just another target. He will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth.

-snip-

Lol. But I am serious, this kind of thing will go bad quickly, and if more companies do this, or someone buys this to make it massively available, it could be a big problem for all of us.

Lol. But I am serious, this kind of thing will go bad quickly, and if more companies do this, or someone buys this to make it massively available, it could be a big problem for all of us.

Most* of us. I live in the country. Half the time GPSes can't even find my house. Not saying you're wrong, just pointing that out in a playful manner. :-)

What the fuck did you just fucking say about him, you little bitch? I'll have you know he graduated top of his class in the Navy Seals, and he's been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and he has over 300 confirmed kills. He is trained in gorilla warfare and is the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to him but just another target. He will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth.

Gorilla warfare?

16069981_82f0_1024x2000.jpg

It's Guerrilla warfare :P

Most* of us. I live in the country. Half the time GPSes can't even find my house. Not saying you're wrong, just pointing that out in a playful manner. :-)

That could change.. Imagine an army of drones mapping, tracking, and pulling data from you at every turn.

Gorilla warfare?

That picture made my morning :P

and you couldn't be bothered to correct it ? 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

and you couldn't be bothered to correct it ? 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

..Correct it? I'm confused. I am not posting the source to what is (to my knowledge) a pretty well-known copypasta.. 

That could change.. Imagine an army of drones mapping, tracking, and pulling data from you at every turn.

That picture made my morning :P

Idea for kickstarter project...personal drone destroyer. :)